Marni S/S 2019 Milan

^^
Horrible! He clearly doesn’t know anything about a woman’s body.

Not that bad but now that the Original Marni family is back with Plan C, there’s no need to care for this.

^^

Not that bad but now that the Original Marni family is back with Plan C, there’s no need to care for this.

and lucinda started colville with the former marni design directors as well

curious to see where that will leave marni, the only product they seem to shift these days is bags
for a brand that had such a strong rtw identity it's a real shame

I feel like this is what JW tries to be at Loewe, but he's completey incapable of achieving it. What set's this apart from that is that it's fearless and concise. Every design element has it's place in the overall look. He didn't just superglue a bra onto a dress or tie a bunch of stringys onto a MuuMuu like someone I already mentioned. :innocent: It's also very sexy, which I love. It's not easy to create clothing that mixes art, intellect, and sex. He pulls it off effortlessly. I loved Consuelo, but sometimes it got stiff and very serious. He's having fun with it and taking risks. That's what moves fashion forward.

Those prints are beyond horrible. Did the designer drink the dyes; and then puke them all over the fabrics??

There is some Marni isms here. But this is totally delusional and arrogant. Way to alienate an entire customer base.

I really don’t understand it. I used to buy so much marni, but I can’t with this. The men’s is worse even.

It went from crisp and precise to crusty.

I like the ideas behind many of the looks, but their execution just feels underwhelming at best.

I’m going to go against everyone here and claim my absolute LOVE for this collection, the opening numbers are so beautiful with their rather unpolished yet structured silhouettes. The accessories that look DIY but not in a conventional way that diminishes their unique structure.

Milan needs Rizzo, considering how lackluster this fashion week has been, we have a truly talented genius who is willing to go against all odds and deliver a beautiful, unique and most definitely original collection to the rodeo of bland, uninspired, and totally hype-only collections of the season.

^^

Is Consuelo back to design? Dear Lola could you share the news link please? I am so excited for this!

His F/W 2018 collection showed some promise, but this to me is a major regression. Collage-y prints are undoubtedly some of this season's biggest trends, and I can't say I'm a fan of them because no designers have managed to make them look appealing yet. For some reason, they always appear to be fighting with other elements of a look, case in point: several looks from this collection. The part without prints were nothing to write home about either.

What a rollercoaster. He goes from nice looks to the absolute terrible. My nerves are disoriented.

The good part of the collection is good because for the first part his references worked at his favor (Miuccia, Margiela) and something real can be seen. The bad part is bad because there is no sense of design, body or proportions, what is REALLY BAD for a designer in his position. At the end of the day this is very amateur.

This not Marni, of course, however, whatever this is interesting, but it won't last if he keeps this level of inconstancy and mediocracy.

I love it!! There's a lot of character in every look.

I was not a fan of his first womenswear collection for Marni, was party a fan of his second but this is absolutely winning me over. Of course not everything works - still, but who cares when you have so many ideas to choose from? I especially love the prints and the color palette, and the cast is a dream. It's a breath of fresh air in the midst of another mediocre fashion month.

I'm not a fan of this. Too much like miu miu in how the collection being held together. and I hate miu miu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->