Marni S/S 2020 Milan

I quite like it, don’t love it though. Reminds me a bit of Junya and it’s not just because of the head pieces. Familiar but I wouldn’t say derivative. It follows its own thread unique to the last few men’s and women’s collections. Looks like a ton of fun to wear.

Moschino helped condition my eye to these violently painted prints, otherwise I might not have found them as agreeable. They may still be questionable but I think it’s great he went for it.

I don’t care at all for the colored leather (looks more like pleather).

Poor guy has had a hard time ever since he started. But I look at this and then look at Plan C and I think I much prefer this!

Last edited by a moderator:
The planet is too poluted to produce this kind of irrelevant clothes. They're so ridiculous in a very inauthentic way, just for the sake of being quirky and artistic. I don't really get how this would be a money maker in any way. What's more, unfortunately for Marni, Plan B had the presentation today, too and that collection is so much better tbh.

This looks like the result of a Project Runway unconventional materials challenge.

source.gif

giphy

Oh the good old tFS overreactions :lol:

Not great but not bad either. I love those couple of green and blue leather looks, and the crochet dresses are really cool. Some of the prints are very pretty, just wish he had broken them down a bit, it gets saturated after a while.

For me it's the best collection I've seen so far of the fashion weeks, maybe after JW Anderson at London, I love the vibrant colors, I felt energized really after seeing this! Last season didn't quite land for me, but he more than compensated this season! Francesco Rizzo's Marni really is a brand for art-lovers, this collection felt so free and invigorating! I love it! More of that please! The world is gloomy as it is!

For me it's the best collection I've seen so far of the fashion weeks, maybe after JW Anderson at London, I love the vibrant colors, I felt energized really after seeing this! Last season didn't quite land for me, but he more than compensated this season! Francesco Rizzo's Marni really is a brand for art-lovers, this collection felt so free and invigorating! I love it! More of that please! The world is gloomy as it is!

I agree! It’s a fun collection that doesn’t take itself too seriously. It brought a smile to my face. And it looks like so much fun to style and gets dressed up in. Love the dresses overall.

And as much as I liked Consuelo’s Marni, SHE decided to sell and SHE decided to leave. Her Plan C collection was fine but that old Marni rehash is looking tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->