Marni S/S 2022 Milan

I see Gaultier, CDG but where’s Marni?

I know, even before reading the reviews, the most journalists will love this show and go on and on about how edgy and new Risso's approach is; but still nobody has the courage to say that his work is so unrelated to what came before to make it totally irrelevant to speak about the clothes, because there is nothing to say.

I am happy they keep working with Julien d'Ys.

Marni used to be so amazingly good, the accessories, the jewellery…

there are a couple of dresses that I like though but all and all… what’s the narrative here, Risso’s concept?

lol at Nicole Phelps review. blowing smoke up someone's a**

What makes it more tragic is that Consuelo used to receive some awful reviews for collections that had a unique spirit whilist offering something you can actually wear!

For me Marni will always be the brand for the kooky lady-who-lunches, Milan is really missing that point of view and not this faux-Watanabe mess. The only sort of salvagable looks, if you were to style them differently, are the striped dresses sliced strategically to fall off the body.

It's weird, Marni's runway shows are never attractive but some of the clothes always catches my eye when I see them in stores and online shops. In terms of this collection, I don't see any pieces that are desirable, considering some of my least favorite prints (stripes and floral) are combined together. Also LOL @ Risso walking the show so I will admit I just thought it was a regular model; I think I'm giving him a pass for that because I am slightly attracted to him in his weirdo ways.

It's weird, Marni's runway shows are never attractive but some of the clothes always catches my eye when I see them in stores and online shops. In terms of this collection, I don't see any pieces that are desirable, considering some of my least favorite prints (stripes and floral) are combined together. Also LOL @ Risso walking the show so I will admit I just thought it was a regular model; I think I'm giving him a pass for that because I am slightly attracted to him in his weirdo ways.
Same here. I always love Marni’s menswear.

it's probably his most convincing outing yet and ofcourse the press loves it because he gives them something to write about
but to show a collection like this, with nothing sellable, when the brand is struggling i find disrespectful towards the people working there and whose jobs are on the line

I wish the industry would write about how insane his approach is. Hes treating marni in the same way Celine has been treated, a blank canvas to do anything on. But marni is a relatively new brand with a history that's still very fresh. Its all so cynical, I can barely look at fashion anymore, it depresses me..

Colville have a really convincing collection this season. It's in tune with the old Marni with familiar silhouettes and visual language. Meanwhile all I can write about the Risso's Marni... well, at least he's having fun there. But I don't even treat him as a designer anymore, he's more a performance artist at this point so I wasn't even surprised by this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->