Martin Margiela, Vivienne Westwood & others for Urban Outfitters?

miss6o

Reaction score
I was recently in Stockholm and discovered that some designers have made mini collections for Urban Outfitters. I can only remember that they had Martin Margiela and Vivienne Westwood. They might have had Ann-Sofie Beck as well, not sure (I was in a hurry). Does anyone have more information about this? I remember there was 4 collections.

The pieces were all for women and more pricy than Urban Outfitters usual prices (no surprise there). They looked pretty well made and were very beautiful fall/winter pieces indeed.

I have tried to google this but nothing comes up..does anyone know anything? :smile:

urban outfitters in the UK and Europe are pretty different than the stores in the US. in the US Urban relies on store specific brands and might carry cheap monday and diesel. but thats as expensive as it gets. you'd be hard pressed to find anything over 150$.

i know the UK stores carry expensive brand such as paul and joe sister among others.

Alice McCall , See by Chloe and Erotokritos too ! But this sounds interesting was it definitely a collaboration ?

could have also been smaller,more basic collections liks MMM's '6' line and ann-sofie's BACK collection too???? but that's pretty surprising and i can only wish that were the case for stateside shops.

wow, if only Urban Outfitters USA was so un-sh*tty. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
it seemed it like it was a collaboration of some sort. the tags were different, if i remember correctly, and there was these stories about the designers...
i really cant find any information about this on the web which really bothers me...maybe some stockholmers could help us? :smile:

here in the uk they stock westwood - but i'm pretty sure it's not a collaboration or anything. but i maybe i just havent seen it!

is it like in a separate section? in the stockholm they were. and something was different about the tags.. hmm

hm, it seems like it's a european only thing. I have't seen any of this stuff in the states. Shame!

Urban USA does have somewhat of designer clothing, but like someone said earlier, it's pretty much just small urban brands like Free People and Lux. but mostly they do stock orders from one company that makes their clothing without a tag, and then when a company such as Urban or Forever 21 orders specific pieces from them, they sew the store's label on it. that's why you can find the same pieces at forever 21 or smaller stores, for a fraction of the price that Urban sells it for. but i would kill for Urban to sell some Vivienne Westwood clothing.

Same. Although the UO's I've been to are in more upscale shopping areas, and it isn't at all difficult to find pieces for upwards of 200$, it is still nowhere near carrying designer labels. My personal opinion on most designer collaborations, however, is that they are usually better than the store brands, but stooping way lower on the quality of design than they could be. Some exceptions might be Jimmy Choo for H&M, or Zac Posen for Target Australia, but I usually cringe whenever I hear of the next collaboration.

No this is such a crime! I would kill to have some VW in Urban Outfitters~

you know, i noticed this in Urban Outfitters in London -- I went in there and was like, wow, this feels so much more like Opening Ceremony in NYC than any Urban Outfitters... totally different quality stuff and very different market. Much more like quality/high-fashion-y and less 'suburban teenager who reads a lotta blogs.' The USA ones does those little collab things -- Rapscallion by Samantha Pleet, whatever that little Steven Alan line is, and I have a great blouse from their Sunshine and Shadow collab, but most a whole lot of meh.

the only thing i like among the collabs at the north american UO is mary ping's slow and steady and obesity and speed's. otherwise it's generally pretty much rubbish,imo.

and btw,it isn't viv's mainlines...it's her anglomania which is the cheaper bridge collection. they also are carrying other lines now....acne,vanessa bruno's bridge collection athe,peter jensen,karen walker,surface2air,luella,see by chloe...

when i went the urban in london i was soo amazed! the US stores just aren't comparable unfortunately...

i was in stockholm recently, it was anglomania and mm6, they just had small info tags about the designers. even if they're cheaper bridge lines, i guess they're not necessarily familiar to regular UO customers...

the only thing i like among the collabs at the north american UO is mary ping's slow and steady and obesity and speed's. otherwise it's generally pretty much rubbish,imo.

and btw,it isn't viv's mainlines...it's her anglomania which is the cheaper bridge collection. they also are carrying other lines now....acne,vanessa bruno's bridge collection athe,peter jensen,karen walker,surface2air,luella,see by chloe...
My store doesn't even display the Nothing Sacred Obesity & Speed line the way I would like them to. What do I know? I'm only a student. Lol. I loved Rachel Comey's diffusion also. Wish she would do a collection for the guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->