Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen (January 2009 - October 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we clear up something. They have stated before they love fashion but do not feel pressure to living up to the title of fashion icons.

Dressing up for themselves has always been the common variable in how they dress. Their disheveled look during university according to them was for their own practicality for the weather and school life.

Once they got more absorbed into the fashion industry and business aspect of it its inevitable that it is reflected in how they dress which goes with their statment of dressing for themselves.

People will always have their own opinions and preference but its important to look at things in an unbiased way. we all have our personal views(factored by our lifestyle, traditions, culture etc.) and its important to understand things from the person's own point of view.

They dress for themselves and thats what i think makes them different from other celebrities who like fashion. They dont follow trends for the sake of following them. They wear clothes to express themselves through them - a common characterist for fashion icons.

Althought it may look crazy sometimes they're still being themselves. Their balenciaga booties, fur wearing, duck lips, and even sometimes white thrash hair selves.

I don't think anyone on this thread who truly loves the girls and their style would disagree with you. :huh:

i agree with what you said emailme...im just getting frustrated with Ash cos I haven't felt inspired by her in so long. More MK these days.

I'm very impressed by mk's outfit... ashley's is simple and nice but prefer mk's... especially the scarf... can anyone id it???? it looks a little bit old dries van noten

can we clear up something. They have stated before they love fashion but do not feel pressure to living up to the title of fashion icons.

Dressing up for themselves has always been the common variable in how they dress. Their disheveled look during university according to them was for their own practicality for the weather and school life.

Once they got more absorbed into the fashion industry and business aspect of it its inevitable that it is reflected in how they dress which goes with their statment of dressing for themselves.

People will always have their own opinions and preference but its important to look at things in an unbiased way. we all have our personal views(factored by our lifestyle, traditions, culture etc.) and its important to understand things from the person's own point of view.

They dress for themselves and thats what i think makes them different from other celebrities who like fashion. They dont follow trends for the sake of following them. They wear clothes to express themselves through them - a common characterist for fashion icons.

Althought it may look crazy sometimes they're still being themselves. Their balenciaga booties, fur wearing, duck lips, and even sometimes white thrash hair selves.

Lovely post and every well said ^_^:heart::heart:

Still, this is a style thread not a fan thread. We all LOVE MK and Ash but we come here to assess and discuss their style, so if they're dressing boring I guess that's commented on, as it is when they're dressing fabby :P

Ash is obviously dressing to be professional and practical and that's cool, but from a selfish style stand point, for me, it's not so good because I'm not inspired by it, nor do I think it's " good" style ( although it's practical and I get why she wears it! :flower:)

I think, for us people who are obsessed with fashion and try to bring an interesting flare even to our " I'm sick today and can't really get dressed" outfits, it's just a little hard to get excited over Ashley's work attire, you know? It's very basic and bland.

No hard feelings! Hope everyone gets what I mean! :heart::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
www.people.com

ashley_olsen.jpg

ALL TIED UP

Meanwhile, sister Ashley ventured out at the same time, donning a dark pea coat and casual jeans as she runs errands in N.Y.C.

mary-kate_olsen.jpg

BLACK OUT

Mary-Kate Olsen goes dark during an afternoon out in New York's SoHo neighborhood on Friday, hitting the streets after a low-key lunch date.

MK looks as if she came from Tim Burton's movie :D
Ash looks nice, comfortable yet a bit chic.

I adore both the coat and the studded bag MK's wearing ^^

Since the thread is starting anew I think it would be a great time to give the girls their own seperate threads. The argument in the past was that it would be too much trouble to reallocate all the posts in the existing thread. That wouldn't be a problem at the moment. Just sayin:innocent:

I would love to just suscribe to Ashley's thread:P

I love this old MK outfit, found in this thread:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
serena please provide proper credits... "found in this thread" and citing other tfs threads does not qualify as a credit.. you must provide the original source/site of the photos...

ashley's outfits have been so boring recently. i really like the layered look of mk's most recent candids.

serena please provide proper credits... "found in this thread" and citing other tfs threads does not qualify as a credit.. you must provide the original source/site of the photos...

Sorry, well the original source is olsen-files.com :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->