Mary Katrantzou F/W 2019.20 London

I think Mary´s digital printer got a virus, malware or something...or maybe it just was hacked...or it got rebellious, in a "Terminator" mode; and instead of wanting to erase mankind from Earth, it just begun creating this little collection of walking nightmares to torment us forever and ever.

Definitely an improvement from last season. The colors were superb and there were some really nice pieces throughout. Some were too much. (At least it provided me a new profile pic!)

It looks like she got trapped in the trimmings room and made the best of it. I'm really beginning to have an aversion to feathers and big ruffles, it's a look that's been beaten to death these past few seasons. The few prints she did are nice, and the pailette embellishments are pretty, albeit Miu Miu- esque.

It's funny, out of the blue, last month i bought 2 Mary Katrantzou pieces: a fake fur coat in a kind of vintage brown/black print and a simple dress with the same print. Then i realized that that print was present on her runway show.
Then i said to myself that she can actually design great, simple commercial clothes...At least better than when she goes "Mad HF for LFW".

Her anniversary show was a way to remind us what she accomplished in a decade. it was mostly about techniques and prints. I don't know if that decade was glorious but it was what it was...

This doesn't really makes me excited about her future. This is a mess, a pile of stuff, fabrics...
It's totally what i hate right now. This could sit well somewhere, on the corner with Giambattista Valli, Alexis Mabille and all the messy stuff i've seen in Couture. And i wouldn't surprised if she describes it as "Couture".

Maybe she should just present the great commercial clothes she does. I had more pleasure discovering those pieces in the sales section of Net-A-Porter than i have right now seeing those images.

I think that dress with the fish scales is very pretty. I have nothing polite to say about the rest of the collection.

What’s going on here? I think this is a failed attempt to show she can do more than print, but I only see a bad version of Valentino, Valli and others. Instead of changing direction she should have focused on her signature style and improve that with some new elements..

At least it's creative, and fun. Would be interesting to see actual retail pieces from this collection, and how it was modified for the shop floor!

That second coat actually mixes feathers with dense sinewy ruffles on the back and it really captured my imagination when I catched an Instagram video of the runway show, the two textures create this weird effect where the feathers seem to be transitioning into vapour.

She doesn't have the refinement to really pull it off and the silhouette ended up looking very potato sack but there are some gorgeous details in this show.

It's funny, out of the blue, last month i bought 2 Mary Katrantzou pieces: a fake fur coat in a kind of vintage brown/black print and a simple dress with the same print. Then i realized that that print was present on her runway show.
Then i said to myself that she can actually design great, simple commercial clothes...At least better than when she goes "Mad HF for LFW".

Her anniversary show was a way to remind us what she accomplished in a decade. it was mostly about techniques and prints. I don't know if that decade was glorious but it was what it was...

This doesn't really makes me excited about her future. This is a mess, a pile of stuff, fabrics...
It's totally what i hate right now. This could sit well somewhere, on the corner with Giambattista Valli, Alexis Mabille and all the messy stuff i've seen in Couture. And i wouldn't surprised if she describes it as "Couture".

Maybe she should just present the great commercial clothes she does. I had more pleasure discovering those pieces in the sales section of Net-A-Porter than i have right now seeing those images.
Did you buy it because you are a buyer or because you're rich?

Did you buy it because you are a buyer or because you're rich?
I bought it because it was a good deal and i saw it many times while browsing the website:lol::lol:

I wouldn’t pay full price for MK. Given the prices of RTW today, it’s almost ridiculous to buy pieces at full price anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->