Mary Ping S/S 2004 - New York

Astrid21

Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting little collection. ^_^ I'm not very familiar with the designer, so if you have any information please share. :flower:

Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not familiar with this designer and with this collection not everyone will be, to. I know, I hate dissing new designers, but there is honestly no new idea here and it was terribly wearable. The only outfit that threw caution in the wind was the last outfit whichh seemes kinda new.

Thanks Astrid! :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Sep 15th, 2003 - 3:15 am
I'm not familiar with this designer and with this collection not everyone will be, to.

Thanks Astrid! :flower: :heart:
:lol: Very true. :wink:

You're welcome. :flower:

I actually liked this. I thought the last piece was the least inventive :lol: It reminded me of the reverse raceback tank thing D&G did. Anyway i like the shorts and cutouts. It's seem very cool (literally, like I could cool off while wearing it).

I agree with mehg, it looks cool in the sense that all the clothes just look flowy and light. I like it. :flower:

I like that shade of green :kiss:

this stuff looks maybe a little, too comfy to me :unsure:

I read a little bit about Mary Ping in NYLON once, and I discovered her before that on firstview that has one of her collections!! She went to Vassar, where my sister goes to school! My friend just mentioned her the other day, she said that Mary Ping buys designer bags like the Balenciaga motorcycle bag, Louis Vuitton, Bottega Veneta, etc. takes them apart to see how they are made, and reconstructs them out of canvas! Some may say it is unoriginal, some say that it takes away the logos and the very-expensive (elitist?) aspect of the bags and makes people appreciate the design behind them.

I dont know!
You may view her spring 2003 collection here!

Jules!!! :woot: So glad to see you're back! :heart:

Thank you for the information! I'm loving the S/S collection. B) I think I read the same article in Nylon. Didn't she reconstruct the Birkin? I think that's the one I saw. I'll have to look for that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->