Masha Fedorova Leaves Vogue Russia as EIC *Update* Ksenia Solovieva Appointed Replacement

So it begins. The article really did warn us about several departures.

A bittersweet departure for me. While she really elevated Vogue Russia from its tragic state in the hands of Viktoriya, her vision got lost immediately. Her recent work felt directionless and lost. Decent, but barely making it.

I hope her successor has a stronger vision than her. This magazine lost its glory when Aliona was deposed.

Just a thought, this is the 3rd European EIC to leave. I wonder if they were fired or are they refusing to let their work be controlled by Condé Nast’s global editors? Call me a conspiracy theorist, but there’s something here.

^I still liked her magazine right to the end, although I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea. I mean it wasn't the hottest Vogue, but what they've done good, solid original content. And hardly any reprints. I really hope they Vashenyak will stay on because she's the one who brings the glamour for this edition.

Guess you won't have to worry about their uber-intellectual titles and headlines anymore, MagFan? :P

No idea who could replace her. Imagine if it's the guy from Elle Russia, Vadim? :shock: Strangely enough he has been contributing less each month to Elle Ru.

^I still liked her magazine right to the end, although I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea. I mean it wasn't the hottest Vogue, but what they've done good, solid original content. And hardly any reprints. I really hope they Vashenyak will stay on because she's the one who brings the glamour for this edition.

Oh for sure! Vogue Russia remains to be one of the better editions. I mean, how can you dislike her Vogue when the likes of Vogue Italia exist? It’s just that month after month, every issue felt disconnected from the others. That could be a good thing for others don’t get me wrong.

So it begins. The article really did warn us about several departures.

A bittersweet departure for me. While she really elevated Vogue Russia from its tragic state in the hands of Viktoriya, her vision got lost immediately. Her recent work felt directionless and lost. Decent, but barely making it.

I hope her successor has a stronger vision than her. This magazine lost its glory when Aliona was deposed.

Just a thought, this is the 3rd European EIC to leave. I wonder if they were fired or are they refusing to let their work be controlled by Condé Nast’s global editors? Call me a conspiracy theorist, but there’s something here.
I like your conspiracy theory lol...i thought that too, they don’t want to have a boss controlling their move and their approach...look what happened with Vogue Spain EIC now she is in position of big control.... so it could be something like thats and also i thought they wanted to pay less money so...it’s easy for them to quit...but who knows...‍

Not another Tatler Editor!! Hope she’s not Viktoriya 2.0

Ksenia looks fabulous though

Yet another one bites the dust... Pity, really. I liked Vogue Russia.

I wonder how all this change in EICs is going to impact the overall Vogue scene. With all this sudden change things can either improve at last or go very terribly wrong. I guess we'll see?

Comments are not allowed on the two Instagram posts about the position changes. I wonder why? Were people too happy or mad Masha is gone?

^ Masha had a lot of haters. Not even because of her professional qualities but her look. Even after she lost a lot of weight, they think she is not glamorous enough to be a Vogue EIC

This was rumoured in the end of 2019 already (together with Glamour russia closure)
Masha started on 6 february 2018 so were they waiting till her 3 years contract expires?

I am astonished at the comments on Instagram. The majority of them are about Masha being not too glamorous and beautiful to be an EIC, wow. Barely any of the EICs are model-esque at all.

If anybody thinks why Vogue Russia lacks concepts, is safe, brainless and always remains that neutral position – the target audience is the answer. New EIC is skinny and "pretty", but, gosh, Tatler, especially Russian edition, is not good. Leaves me worried, I hope we will not see some Kaki Swid on the cover, if you know what I mean.

Very concerning replacement. So long Masha, you did the best you could to hold this edition up, despite its rabid audience.

And how was the performance of VR under her tenure? Any numbers? Better than her predecessor?

The new EIC yeah it’s slim but those Tatler covers my god...let’s hope she was a Vogue editor trapped in a Tatler editor body...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minidee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->