coutorture

Cozy at best
dsc0538previewrp9.jpg
dsc05411previewtz7.jpg

dsc0542previewuy7.jpg
dsc0543previewpq8.jpg

dsc0544previewcn2.jpg
dsc0546previewhz6.jpg

yeah i'm not too fond of this. i prefer the volume-laded layers of his previous seasons,if anything. this is too far i feel. of course i would much rather see a return to the geometry of his earlier seasons.

I like this. It's very relaxed and subtle and the fabrics look wonderful.
But will people wear this?

A lot of this looks like it's fresh from the Jedi Temple. I won't deny that this is an ambitious collection though, I just doubt any of it's wearable.

The color pallete is also too dreary and confused for my taste.

I was lucky enough to attend this, thought it was absolutely gorgeous. Samuel Drira was there styling. The whole team was incredibly nice and welcoming. I really love Matthew's work and really believe in him. This was a fresh of breath air and a stand out collection for NYC Fashion Week. I'll post a full review and photos soon.

it's beautiful. :heart:
thanks for the info, mutterlein, I can definitely see Drira's magic hand all over this, and the atmosphere that you get while flipping through Encens.
I just love how isolated and unique this looks in comparison with the rest of the shows, such a timeless silhouette and palette. my favorite of NY so far.

thanks for posting, kiddo!.

just because it does not appear as being overtly 'youthful' does not mean there is no audience to appreciate these pieces... he is clearly aiming at designing for an elder, intellectual woman, that was evident even when he did closer to the body silhouettes... i have to admit though it's the more adjusted pieces that i am enjoying, the belted v-neck jumpsuit for instance is looking good, so does the red all in one/dress.

Would really love to wear some of these pieces, I feel the whole relaxed look is so fresh now... and when its done in quality fabrics as well...

Just want to drape myself in fabric !

Eskandar and Zoran have been doing this look for years and years. It sells like crazy to all those richer ladies who have left the famine diets behind (read Bergdorf Goodman).

Last edited by a moderator:
Fabric Interseason comes to mind... Maybe Samuel Drira's styling for it?

But I thought that the wrapping technique looks are very clever. Nice.

Feels like a timewarp 20 years into the past....

it's beautiful. :heart:
thanks for the info, mutterlein, I can definitely see Drira's magic hand all over this, and the atmosphere that you get while flipping through Encens.
I just love how isolated and unique this looks in comparison with the rest of the shows, such a timeless silhouette and palette.

you took the words right of my mouth, mullet. This has an almost radical simplicity to it. like the desert.

mutterlein, please do post your pictures and review. :flower:

Eskandar and Zoran have been doing this look for years and years. It sells like crazy to all those richer ladies who have left the famine diets behind (read Bergdorf Goodman).
nice hearing about Eskandar here
there was one thread about him here..

i love this collection, his style..
the drapes are quite sculptural --i wonder if he using couture/dressmaking techniques? they look like they have to be held in place or given shaping. i find in a lot of draped looks, it looks like it is right on the model's skin, nothing underneath.. but it's interesting when there some sort of hidden tricks on the inside

bidwell,

You're absolutely right about Zoran and Eskandar. The crowd was exactly those kind of women.

I genuinely like some of these pieces. I like the effortlessness and simplicity.
I agree with a previous commenter, it makes me just want to drape myself in fabric. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->