Matty Bovan S/S 2019 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 15, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to understand this...
    This feels like Westwood meet Dolce & Gabbana. I'm failling to see a point of view, a vision. It's bold but quite predictable as an approach of "Avant-Garde" fashion. It's even more predictable because it's from London.

3. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Active Member

do people that want to dress like this even have the money to buy it? they'd probably sew it up themselves

4. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

This is the stuff from London fashion week I cannot stand. This and Charles Jeffrey, among others...

It’s just a rehash of London’s glory days of punk and glamour....Westwood, McLaren, Bowie, Bowery as well as Galliano and McQueen...some of these young Brits just cannot move on and come up with references that are more personal and idiosyncratic - or current, for that matter.

vogue28 likes this.
  5. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Ugh, I love this skirt (??).

The collection itself is not SO BAD if you keep in mind all the context (London, Katie Grand...), so I can enjoy some parts of it, like this corset, I think is quite good.

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Don't hate it, God knows it's such a reprieve from all the commercial looks I've been seeing in both NY and London so far. Matty's mistake was going grunge just for the sake of going grunge. Had there been a definite point to it all, I'm sure it would have manifested differently.