Maxim July/August 2018 : Kate Upton by Gilles Bensimon

she's gorgeous but i don't find these images sexy at all. the nudes and somewhat uncertain look of it feel like those atrocious photos pregnant women sometimes have taken of themselves... so i don't know. what is maxim's message these days anyway?

^ yeah.. I don't see anything nice other than the landscape.. that landscape and lighting helps anyone, even the anna nicole smith of our more prudish times. If you look past the lighting and palette, this is actually a good example of her limits as a model, so many efforts need to be made (backdrop, poses, angles, carefully placed garments) so that it gets slightly aspirational and stays away from sports illustrated outtake territory, but that one facial expression that's only 'varied' when she smiles or lowers/raises her head plus the fugly clothes (that bra, where did you find it, stylist? Avon?) remind you that nope, this isn't even Vogue Italia at its worst yet, it's still very much Maxim with a touch of Allure.

How this woman ever went beyond modelling for the millennial equivalent of those cheap calendars you would see at the mechanic back in the day is a mystery to me.
But worse than her modelling, only the styling, the mumsy white bra is the cherry on the cake.

^ yeah.. I don't see anything nice other than the landscape.. that landscape and lighting helps anyone, even the anna nicole smith of our more prudish times. If you look past the lighting and palette, this is actually a good example of her limits as a model, so many efforts need to be made (backdrop, poses, angles, carefully placed garments) so that it gets slightly aspirational and stays away from sports illustrated outtake territory, but that one facial expression that's only 'varied' when she smiles or lowers/raises her head plus the fugly clothes (that bra, where did you find it, stylist? Avon?) remind you that nope, this isn't even Vogue Italia at its worst yet, it's still very much Maxim with a touch of Allure.

That Lauren Hutton cover/spread beg to differ dear :lol:

I'd gladly take this over the garbage that Willy Vanderperre put out this month as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't look at any of Kate Upton's work without seeing the 101 tricks they use to disguise the way she has no waist - cut the shot off here, have her pull the clothing in there, get her to curve round this direction, put a bit of fringing across that part... and I still find it a far more enjoyable experience than looking at Vogue Italia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->