McQueen Cancelled?

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Zenobie, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Zenobie

Zenobie New Member

2. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

Why the bloody hell are photographers banned?

3. maxlinden

maxlinden Active Member

they are going to still post pics of the presentation
    i guess they want control of the media coverage..idk why though

4. Chris_Couture05

Chris_Couture05 New Member

Oh u gotta be kidding me

5. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

That's news that's been around for sometime. It was discussed a fair bit in the Paris Show Schedule thread.

It was officially announced back on the 18th of February that there wouldn't be a show, and instead there would be presentations. Then this past week it emerged that photography would not be permitted, and instead media outlets would be provided with images of the collection. I imagine it'll more than likely be in a studio lookbook style format.

6. rosalynn

rosalynn New Member

In a way, I'm glad. I do love the blurry cameraphone pics we normally see from shows, but I think this collection is sacred and the presentation and reveal of it should be handled with tact and dignity.

7. honeycombchild

I think as well it could be because the presentation will act as a sort of memorial to a lot of people, and they wish for it to be privately presented to the attendees.

At least it's confirmed we will see the collection.

8. maxlinden

maxlinden Active Member

im trying not to create this big expectation for the collection as to not be dissapointed but no matter how it looks I WANT in. I'm still angry that this wasnt a show. The theatrics would of sent the world over the edge, definately would of been a tear jerker

9. ettebe

ettebe New Member

Oh well. I still can't wait to see the collection:woot:

10. honeycombchild

Yes perhaps, but it wouldn't have been McQueen's choices? It's unlikely at the point of his death (infact, I pretty much know that it wasn't the case) that hair/make-up/styling/music had been selected by McQueen himself.

So any show put on would have not been like the past ones, as he wouldn't have been the decision maker behind it. This way we get to see what was his vision, the clothing. Not a vision of how people thought he might have liked it to be presented to the world.

11. rosalynn

rosalynn New Member

Absolutely agree honeycombchild.

A few weeks ago it wasn't even known whether the label was continuing, and I agree that there would have been too many loose ends to tie up show-wise to create a runway show worthy of what has sadly become one of the most anticipated McQueen collections.

I think it's appropriate and dignified that his last collection is presented this way. I think for next season we can get back to runway shows, but this is a unique collection and a unique circumstance because of McQueen's untimely death.

12. Mathewthew

Mathewthew Active Member

I saw from the agenda of Paris fashion week, they dont have any McQueen show in the schdule so I have no idea, because as the schedule on TFS there will be...so I'm confused

13. rosalynn

rosalynn New Member

A lot of schedules won't mention it probably because it's a private presentation and only for specially invited people.

14. Zenobie

Zenobie New Member

Very good point and you are completely correct although I am still somewhat disappointed. I would very much like to see his final collection. I hope there will be some photographs released from the actual show room and not just in the format of a lookbook which would seem to me to be rather sterile.