McQueen creates special scarf in support of film,HOME

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Home, the movie which seeks to draw attention to action we need to take in order to reverse the environmental impact upon our planet, is set to be released on Youtube on Earth Day, 5th June 09. Directed by Yann Arthus-Bertrand and co-produced with PPR and Luc Besson, the film focuses on the positive aspects of our planet, its diversity and beauty in a bid to highlight important social and climate change issues.

In support of the home project Alexander McQueen has produced an exclusive dying earth skull scarf, which features the earth eroded to form one of McQueen's signature skulls (pictured above). McQueen is kindly donating all the profits from the sale to Good Planet.

The 200 limited edition scarves are available from June 2009 in Alexander McQueen boutiques around the world (London, Milan, New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles) and available online in the US.

89861.jpg

*dazeddigital.com

i posted the trailer to the film in entertainment if anyone is interesting. it looks and sounds amazing.

this movie is a must-see
BUT
i'm quite dissapointed by this hiddeous MacQueen scarf

i know i wish it had been something other than another predictable skull image. of course,it does sort of represent the issue at hand,if you know what i mean. the good thing is,this is going to good cause and neither mcqueen nor PPR is getting profit from it.

Errrm ... I want it! lol

PS. Im honestly shocked of PPr doing something like this ... I hope it becomes a trend!

^well it is kind of the intention,i think.

i agree,ultramarine,perhaps if more of these conglomerates in their wealth were to actually do some good for a change perhaps it would render my respect.

Hum ... the film is available on youtube ... im checking it out as I type this -there are versions in different languages-

Are there any news on the scarves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->