MDC (Models.com) Rankings

Added to Top 50:
Eniola Abioro (Removed from Hot List)

???

I would've pegged her to be a Money Girl with her Fenty ads and just.. not enough blue chip work to make it to Top 50 but here we are, MDC doing MDC things.

who do you guys think would have been the number ones after joan if the models would still be ranked by numbers? right now it would be adut without a doubt and before that maybe vittoria or gigi in my opinion

who do you guys think would have been the number ones after joan if the models would still be ranked by numbers? right now it would be adut without a doubt and before that maybe vittoria or gigi in my opinion
Bella (unfortunately) and Rianne

^ Yup, my bets would be on Adut, Anok, Rianne, or one of the Hadids.

Added to Top 50:
Eniola Abioro (Removed from Hot List)

???

I would've pegged her to be a Money Girl with her Fenty ads and just.. not enough blue chip work to make it to Top 50 but here we are, MDC doing MDC things.

How is the below, all in 2020, not enough blue chip work? I think she deserve it.

5 US VOGUE stories
T MAGAZINE US
HARPER BAZAAR US
2 ELLE US
VOGUE ITALIA

CK ADVERTISING
FENTY SKIN ADVERTISING
NORDSTROM ADVERTISING

How is the below, all in 2020, not enough blue chip work? I think she deserve it.

5 US VOGUE stories
T MAGAZINE US
HARPER BAZAAR US
2 ELLE US
VOGUE ITALIA

CK ADVERTISING
FENTY SKIN ADVERTISING
NORDSTROM ADVERTISING

I'm sorry, but...

ELLE is basically a women's magazine these days, doesn't really count.
T Magazine, so and so...
US Vogue editorials, five is nice, but she isn't the star in any of them.
Vogue Italia, she's hardly visible in the editorial.

Nordstrom is a department store, not Dior.
Fenty isn't blue chip and she's only done a sub-campaign anyway.
#mycalvins is cute and she's OG but but a sub-campaign for Calvin Klein isn't much.

She started off as a Prada exclusive F/W 2018 but after that she's done only 40 shows and only a few of them blue chip.

Vittoria and Rianne should be in icons or new supers after 7-8 years of booking A-Listed jobs. Vittoria shot 20 campaigns with Meisel and is a favorite of Luigi&Iango. Her work for Chanel alone is enough to make her an icon. 8 fashion campaigns for Chanel + multiple Beauty campaigns every year since 2017. She completed big 4 and has done more than 300 runway shows. How many models have the opportunity to book 2 Vogue US covers now?

How many models have the opportunity to book 2 Vogue US covers now?

Imaan Hammam with 4. Kendall Jenner with 4. Gigi Hadid with 3.

Vittoria will obviously get her status, it's undeniable.

Also, Mariacarla Boscono has been working since 1997, and is still in demand. She is beyond Icon status, has any other model from her time been as consistent as her? She is a known supermodel to the one of the biggest fashion capitals of the world, her recognition there is similar to Liu Wen's in China. Her fashion career is truly legendary with 0 signs of stopping.

Also, Mariacarla Boscono has been working since 1997, and is still in demand. She is beyond Icon status, has any other model from her time been as consistent as her? She is a known supermodel to the one of the biggest fashion capitals of the world, her recognition there is similar to Liu Wen's in China. Her fashion career is truly legendary with 0 signs of stopping.

I made a post here about "Icons" and "Legends" a while ago. Amber, Carolyn and Stella are beyond legendary also. MDC does require "worldwide recognition outside the fashion world", but how does Veruschka fit in to that. Also Jerry, Carmen or Carla are fading names, can you think of an average millennial who knows who they are.

In fact! Since they have their strange "New Supers" ranking, maybe they should do "New Legends" also :lol:

Yes i know that Gigi, Kendall and Imaan have more Vogue US covers than Vittoria but i wanted to state that American Vogue hardly features models on their covers so Vittoria getting 2 covers without coming from a famous background is a big deal.
I totally agree about Mariacarla. It's crazy how she's still booked&busy after more than 20 years in fashion.

Amber, Carolyn and Stella are beyond legendary also.
Agree with you, along with with Isabelli, Tatjana, and Karen Elson.

But let's be real, the most likely girl to be on the Supers list is Kaia. And maybe to an extent Adut if she continues to get some mainstream coverage. Or even Lila. :stuart: I also really thought Grace Elizabeth was on the right path of getting there with Estee Lauder x Victoria Secret contracts.

I think Anna might finally have got the message that Hadids and Jenners are a bit 2015 but I also would quite like to see a bella cover, maybe an actual joint sister one. I’d rather that than her and zayn/ baby or something vomit inducing

Agree with you, along with with Isabelli, Tatjana, and Karen Elson.

But let's be real, the most likely girl to be on the Supers list is Kaia. And maybe to an extent Adut if she continues to get some mainstream coverage. Or even Lila. :stuart: I also really thought Grace Elizabeth was on the right path of getting there with Estee Lauder x Victoria Secret contracts.

Maybe you remember, Karen was once in Supers but got "demoted" to an icon.

Why does everyone sleep on Fran Summers? 3 campaigns out in the space of a month and fragrance. The girl has been consistently on fire since 2017 and deserves to be in the convo for me.

Celine advertising
Fendi advertising
Proenza advertising
Burberry fragrance campaign

Why does everyone sleep on Fran Summers? 3 campaigns out in the space of a month and fragrance. The girl has been consistently on fire since 2017 and deserves to be in the convo for me.

Celine advertising
Fendi advertising
Proenza advertising
Burberry fragrance campaign

I fail to see your point.

Top Newcomers S/S 2021 | models.com MDX
is out.

Bethann seems to be out of her bubble and nominating other than just POC girls. Happy to see Precious Lee getting at least one mention. Happy to see Jade Nguyen for getting a mention as well, I've been dying to see a South-East Asian model for a long time. Katie is nominating Lila... *cough*
Never heard of Ylang but she looks like another normal sized model, like Jill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->