MDC (Models.com) Rankings

Has Vittoria ever had a cosmetics contract? Natasha Poly is there bc of that. To be listed among the new supers, you need to have media presence outside the fashion industry and/or an A-list cosmetics contract.
Even though it isn’t officially announced she is the face of Chanel Beauty since 2018. She got her first Chanel Beauty campaign in 2017 and since S/S 2018 season she’s the face of all makeup collections by the brand. Additionally she does both print/digital campaigns for different products of Chanel Beauty (foundation, lipstick, mascara, skincare etc.)

I think that we are really just proving our point here that they do not consistently follow their own criteria and need to do away with this New Supers list lol.

Shouldn't Raquel be a new super? She used to have the Shiseido contract or is it not as high end as Lancome, L'Oreal, Tom Ford, Chanel beauty etc. to get her listed as one?

Even though it isn’t officially announced she is the face of Chanel Beauty since 2018. She got her first Chanel Beauty campaign in 2017 and since S/S 2018 season she’s the face of all makeup collections by the brand. Additionally she does both print/digital campaigns for different products of Chanel Beauty (foundation, lipstick, mascara, skincare etc.)
I don't think it's a contract. For example, Mariacarla did many print campaigns for Givenchy make-up, but it wasn't a contract. If they are going to make Vittoria a new super anytime soon, then Mariacarla, Raquel, Sasha should be made too. Vittoria is not going to stay in the game as long as Mariacarla, you can tell from the fire in a model's eyes that how soon she will get tired of the job.

I don't think a beauty contract is enough to make you a 'New Super' because a lot of the girls on that list don't even have one currently but made the list for other reasons. International recognition, Victoria's Secret, reality tv or have become entrepreneurs of some sort...Raquel had Shiseido and did beauty campaigns for other brands too I believe and then there is Daria and Carolyn who have had prestigious beauty contracts for a long long time. Even Freja Beha Erichsen and Julia Stegner had proper contracts with Maybelline that outshine a minor deal with Shiseido and then there's Constance Jablonski and Hilary Rhoda who worked with Estée Lauder, also for many many years.

I would go as far to say that Vittoria has a broader audience than Natasha Poly because of her good relations with the Hadids, Kaia Gerber and so on. They post each other on their instagram feeds and stories every now and then which surely boosts her public image. You might be right that she will lose interest over the years but so does almost everyone, including Raquel Zimmerman (although I give her credits for longevity, it does not seem that modelling and the fashion circus is her priority) since you mention her.

I don't think a beauty contract is enough to make you a 'New Super' because a lot of the girls on that list don't even have one currently but made the list for other reasons. International recognition, Victoria's Secret, reality tv or have become entrepreneurs of some sort...Raquel had Shiseido and did beauty campaigns for other brands too I believe and then there is Daria and Carolyn who have had prestigious beauty contracts for a long long time. Even Freja Beha Erichsen and Julia Stegner had proper contracts with Maybelline that outshine a minor deal with Shiseido and then there's Constance Jablonski and Hilary Rhoda who worked with Estée Lauder, also for many many years.

I would go as far to say that Vittoria has a broader audience than Natasha Poly because of her good relations with the Hadids, Kaia Gerber and so on. They post each other on their instagram feeds and stories every now and then which surely boosts her public image. You might be right that she will lose interest over the years but so does almost everyone, including Raquel Zimmerman (although I give her credits for longevity, it does not seem that modelling and the fashion circus is her priority) since you mention her.
Daria actually used to be a new super but was removed when she retired without any announcement and disappeared. Of course everyone moves on and slows down since this job demands so much but Raquel has always given her best, she clearly loves her job even if it isn't her priority now. But Vittoria, this kind of girls should not involve themselves in modeling business when they are clearly not interested and all they project is emptiness and blandness. I guess it also depends on the number of Vogue covers bc Natasha Poly might be more well known than most other high fashion veterans from her era and attends a lot of events regularly but she isn't really recognized around the world like her fellow Russian new super Natalia Vodianova is.

Estelle Chen, Maggie Cheng, Precious Kevin, Quinn Mora, and Sculy Mejia added to the hot list.

Ajok Madel, Kyla Ramsey, Maty Fall, Mika Schneider, and Miriam Sanchez added to the top 50.

All good changes. Estelle needs to be on Top 50 soon, her resurgence is beautiful to see & she's been everywhere lately.

Estelle Chen, Maggie Cheng, Precious Kevin, Quinn Mora, and Sculy Mejia added to the hot list.

Ajok Madel, Kyla Ramsey, Maty Fall, Mika Schneider, and Miriam Sanchez added to the top 50.

+ Anita Pozzo added to the Hot List.

Added to Money Girls (Contract girls):
Tami Williams

Added to Money Girls (High earners):
Karly Loyce
Melodie Monrose
Solange van Doorn

Removed from Industry Icons (The Establishment):
Stella Tennant (RIP)

Removed from Money Girls (Contract girls):
Aube Jolicoeur
Behati Prinsloo
Erin Wasson
Rianne Ten Haken

Removed from Money Girls (High earners):
Alyssa Miller
Devon Windsor
Dree Hemingway
Frederikke Sofie
Ine Neefs
Julia Hafstrom
Mckenna Hellam
Ming Xi
Slick Woods

To be honest I think they will list her as new Super

Lol I highly doubt that. New super, really?

Because they did the same with Natasha Poly and if she keeps bookings all this gigs why not ? She's one of the most in demand topmodel even if she is not my fav her bookings are quite impressive

She's a top model today but I think she's peaked. I think she'll have longevity with a MCB icon-style career but that's about it. Plus to be a super, people need to know you outside of fashion. No one who doesn't follow modeling and fashion can name Vittoria. And everyone on the mdc New Supers list ticks that box except Liya and maybe Lara. These days the average person can't name any models other than the nepo girls (and maybe VS angels) anyway, modeling isn't what it used to be...

I feel like we use the term Super too loosely.

Shouldn't Raquel be a new super? She used to have the Shiseido contract or is it not as high end as Lancome, L'Oreal, Tom Ford, Chanel beauty etc. to get her listed as one?

I personally think of her as more of an icon than a Super in that she's respected in the industry, has career longevity, and is obviously a great model, but I don't think she has the kind of name recognition a Super needs. I see her status as really similar to MCB whom I love. Both icons, not supers unfortunately.

Bella does not deserve to be "New Super", she still cannot prove to me she can take decent pictures.

added to the Hot List:
Amar Akway
Effie Steinberg
Emily Miller
Georgia Palmer
Kim Schell
Kukua Williams

Added to Industry Icons(Next Generation)
Giedre Dukauskaite

Removed From Top 50:
Giedre Dukauskaite

added to the Hot List:
Topsy

Added to New Supers:
Anja Rubik (removed from Industry Icons—the Establishment)
Ashley Graham (removed from Industry Icons—Next Generation)

Is Meghan not on the Top 50 or Money Girls? Blasphemy.

Is Meghan not on the Top 50 or Money Girls? Blasphemy.

She has a striking face and catchy name but she's worked surprisingly little

Givenchy F/W 2017
David Yurman F/W 2018
Miu Miu F/W 2019
Versace Holiday 2019
Fendi #Peekaboo Fall 2019
Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Fragrance 2020

Only cover this year, Harper's Bazaar Greece
Only cover last year, Vogue CZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads