MDC (Models.com) Rankings

I'm surprised they didn't make Paloma a super, considering her exposure.

^^ MDC ratings are kind of a joke. They are beholden to certain agencies as has been mentioned by others before.

The whole fashion industry is a joke. If you have the right connections like Kendall, Kaia, Gigi, Bella…. you can become a supermodel.

Models.com removed Daria Werbowy from ALL rankings... What a crime!

What's heartbreaking is her absolute removal from modeling. She was EVERYTHING in the 2000s; arguably the biggest model of the decade. I miss her.

Added to Hot List:

Abeny Nhial
Celeste Romero
Elisa Nijman
Grace Quaye
Kristine Lindseth
Victoria Fawole

Removed from Money Girls-A listers:

Adriana Lima

Removed from Money Girls-Beauty Contracts:

Blanca Padilla
Constance Jablonski

Added to Top 50:

Awar Odhiang
Caren Jepkemei
Greta Hofer
Loli Bahia
Mila van Eeten
Yilan Hua
Yoonmi Sun

The single idea of ranking models has always sounded tasteless to me, not to mention again how biased (on every front) these rankings are. Can we really compare models as if they were cattle? Heck, they're human beings... And how can one put the likes of Kendall next to successful "regular" models like Rianne, Vittoria etc. They don't have the same career path, didn't experience the same steps (some were propelled to stardom for questionable reasons while others had to work hard, rely on their talent or even truly struggle to get close to it). I know the fashion world is deeply unfair and always will be but it would seem lighter-hearted without some pointless stuff like these rankings.

The single idea of ranking models has always sounded tasteless to me, not to mention again how biased (on every front) these rankings are. Can we really compare models as if they were cattle? Heck, they're human beings... And how can one put the likes of Kendall next to successful "regular" models like Rianne, Vittoria etc. They don't have the same career path, didn't experience the same steps (some were propelled to stardom for questionable reasons while others had to work hard, rely on their talent or even truly struggle to get close to it). I know the fashion world is deeply unfair and always will be but it would seem lighter-hearted without some pointless stuff like these rankings.

Many many years ago they did actually have a 1 to 50 ranking, with models and icons.

I have to say it’s quite generous having a top 50: are there even more than 20 top models right now? The list isn’t even indicative of the actual current top models because most of them (Sora, Vittoria, Mica, to name a few) are languishing at the bottom of the Industry Icons page with Coca Rocha; I don’t understand why they can’t be included in both lists.

The models who are on the lists, use the lists as as a selling point and the website knows it. That's why it is important.

Added to Hot List:

Alaato Jazyper
Amber Later
Camille Chifflot
Delta van Melle
Lex Peckham
Liv Walters
Luca Biggs
Tara Halliwell

Removed from Hot List:

Anita Pozzo
Bibi Abdulkadir
Effie Steinberg
Estelle Chen
Grace Clover
Holly Fischer
Klara Kristin
Madeleine Fischer
Merlijne Schorren

Added to New Supers:

Emily Ratajkowski
So she has "dominated" the runway walking Versace, J.W. Anderson, and closing Nensi Dojaka? Well anyway, I guess this was justified especially with her recent exposure.

Liv Walters becomes a Hot Listed model the second she joins DNA although the only thing that's changed is she walked a couple of B and C level shows ... either she has some blue chip bookings we don't know about or DNA paid MDC to get her on the list.

Many many years ago they did actually have a 1 to 50 ranking, with models and icons.

The last official number 1 girl from that era was Joan Smalls. That fact speaks by itself of how many years ago was that they used this other method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->