MDC (Models.com) Rankings

I think Natasha Poly should be higher, she does more works than Anja IMO.

it is not only the quantity but also the quality. however, yes Natasha does do very big jobs and a lot of jobs, also. :flower:

I think Lily D should be higher than 6 considering she has been everywhere for the last year

I agree about Natasha, she should be higher. She is experiencing a succesful ad season like she has never had before and is also still going very strong in the editorial world. The same goes for Lara. They are certainly Top 5...much more than Hilary, Doutzen and Julia I think :ninja:

i think they should have a seperate list for the girls that leave the runway and continue in editorial work or massmarket

I agree about Natasha, she should be higher. She is experiencing a succesful ad season like she has never had before and is also still going very strong in the editorial world. The same goes for Lara. They are certainly Top 5...much more than Hilary, Doutzen and Julia I think :ninja:

The cosmetic contracts do it B). And I can only speak for Julia but she definitely has a long list of desginers she advertised for on her side. Lara can't top that so far, she probably will soon but Natasha on the other hand has some huge clients in her book and is still there like no other and opens and closes lots of shows.

Besides that I think that she kind of could get a beauty contract, it's just a matter of time. I'm not a fan of hers but she has the face to do something.

i think they should have a seperate list for the girls that leave the runway and continue in editorial work or massmarket

Like the money girls list? Some of the models are on both lists because they are not completely gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree with everything above. I think a cosmetic contract is really a big deal for a model career, but it's not the same thing to do eds, ads and magazine covers. They really should create another rank, counting beauty contracts.

I'm aware that it's the beauty contracts that do it, but if this list is supposed to be about the major editorial and advertising models of the moment then they should not be there anymore. I recognise they have long lists of jobs they did in the past, but this list is supposed to be about the girls of today and (as they state themselfs in the introduction of the ranking) the faces of the future. And if that is the case, Lara and Natasha -the editorial and advertising queens of this moment - should be ranked higher than Julia, Hilary and Doutzen.

They have updated today and the only changes are Lara Stone and Lily Donaldson swapping places.....Lara up to 6 and Lily down to 8. Which seems a little strange as Lily is all over the place right now.:unsure:

Oh yeah, and a model called Lakshmi Menon is on the list now, at 35#. Heidi is 32# now, Irina Lazareanu is 11# (I think she was 10# last month, not sure).

They should take Malin Ones out and get a place for Iris Strubegger. She has done far more, sure there is the possibility that her work is not published yet and they know something we don't yet but I can't imagine this. Oh an I relly like her but I still find it weird to read Toni's name so high and in front of models like Snejana Onopka and Valentina Zeliaeva and on the same rank as Kasia Struss.

... I agree....since I have followed the list, there have been a few girls who debuted in the list....moved up then down and out, without really doing anything as much as some girls who have never even made the list... but then again, they do a pretty good job and I'm sure it is difficult to get it right without being clairvoyant... like betting on horses ..... or greyhounds ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The icons list puzzles me as well. I really can't understand why Daria is on that list at all. Sure she's an incredibly successful top model. However, she is not an icon - at least not by my definition. Placing Daria on the icons list, in my opinion, is like claiming that she's a supermodel, which is a status that's not really achievable anymore.

Anna Jagodzinska was added at #20 today.

Lara stone moved up to number 6, while Lily moved down to number 8.
Missy Rayder moved down to 23
Unless I missed her, Meghan is now off the list

If I'm not wrong, I heard a history that Gemma would be in the icon list, but she's not there. Did I miss something or it was just a rumor?
And about Daria, she's a big model, she's got a wonderful career, but other supermodels should be in the list, such as Claudia and Cindy.

Arlenis moved to 28
MC is up at 10
Suvi is up at 8

Still need to move Isabeli to #1 though :lol

Meghan is off of the list indeed...I guess she really was a one-hit wonder model? Even though that one hit lasted for a solid 6 months or so. It's good to see Hanne-Gaby and Iris on the list, although I'd give Hanne-Gaby more of a 40-45 rank than this high. For Amanda I think it's a bit premature...I have no doubt she'll be on an editorial roll somewhere in the next 6 months but just not now. Not like Anna Selezneva for instance.

Seriously though, Suzanne Diaz, Julia Dunstall and Kinee Diouf need to go....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->