MDC (Models.com) Rankings

kevinnn said:
Missy Rayder needs to peace out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: - I don't even know who she is, but you put it beautifully! Lots of the models in the Top 50 need to peace out too i.e. Tiuu Kook:yuk: ^_^

My Top Ten based on who I see the most. Snejana's on # 10 because I love her too much:

1. Gemma Ward
2. Caroline Trentini
3. Iselin Steiro
4. Doutzen
5. Sasha Pivovarova
6. Mariacarla
7. Lily Donaldson
8. Malgosia Bela
9. Jessica Stam
10. Snejana Onopka

Julia needs to pack her bags with Hana, Eugenia, and Valentina.

I actually think that Irina should be higher on the list. Gemma, I can agree with. Same with Freja. I'd actually expect Stam to be higher on the list. But Isabeli...I agree with you in that I don't agree with MDC.

wow Caroline Trentini and Jessica Stam should have the top 3!!
models.com has really changed it around. And what happened to Daria? She may not be booking too many things, but she is a top model, no doubt. she should be in the top 10 at least.
Maglosia Bela at #2 is a joke, I don't even know who she is!
Everyone else I agree with except for Isabeli (overrated, kind of lost her touch, not doing many shows lately) and MariaCarla (a great model with a great career, but kind of faded away. deserves top 20 atleast for sure though.
:smile:

and lisa cant at #11!! Haha, that's ridiculous.
And where is Vlada Roslyakova??
this list is weeerid

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually don't mind Maglosia in the Top 10 atleast, based on FW06 work. She had a few editorials, and A LOT of major campaigns. And campaigns are the most important thing no?

Daria is off the working models list, which is kinda true since she doesn't do much work anymore. Isabeli should have been off this list a while ago, though I don't think either are "icons" like Carmen, Angela, Stella, etc.

I would say...

1. Gemma Ward
2. Sasha Pivovarova
3. Doutzen Kroes
4. Raquel Zimmerman
5. Freja Beha
6. Jessica Stam
7. Anja Rubik
8. Caroline Trentini
9. Lily Donaldson
10. Snejana Onokpa

kuba01 said:
5. (shared) - Sasha Pivovarova (she is a top model, no question about it lol)
- Iselin Steiro (she WAS a top model, but she hasn't done any shows recently and she had a very short-lived career, so maybe she doesn't deserve this spot - care to disagree with me though lol)

Was a top model? Since january she has been in 3 different Gucci campaigns, a Chanel campaign, a Balenciaga campaign, a Versace campaign, a Dolce & Gabbana campaign and a Loewe campaign. She was also featured in perhaps the most popular and famous editorial of the year ("State of emergency by Steven Meisel). She was also featured on the August cover of Vogue Italia. For next season she will be the face of Valentino and more campaigns are to come.

You don't think that deserves the number 5 spot? :P

Many seem to believe that she has already retired. That is false. :wink:

I think Isabeli deserves to be in the top 10 :smile: She's an extremely versitile model who can go from VS to Chanel and makes every look work :woot: The only reason she hasn't been working as much lately is because she just had a baby :smile:

Omnis, you are so right! I guess she does deserve that spot; I just made those comments in spite! Because I REALLY don't want her to cut down on editorials and shows lol. I really do love her as a model, her recent Vogue:Paris ski editorial was amazing!!!

I guess I'm just biased because I want Iekeliene and Bette Franke to be in the top 10 models! They are both Dutch and both adorable!

jssy4eva said:
I think Isabeli deserves to be in the top 10 :smile: She's an extremely versitile model who can go from VS to Chanel and makes every look work :woot: The only reason she hasn't been working as much lately is because she just had a baby :smile:

Yep! And having worked since 1999 consistently says alot about her ranking on models.com list.

Isabeli is one of the most beautiful models in the world, but does she even really do editorials or advertisments anymore? Seems to me she is focusing more on motherhood as of now. :flower:

Lord, where's Irina? And IMO, Sasha should be number one. With Freja at number 3. I'm not a big fan of The Piv or Beha, but they should be higher.

xmodel citizen said:
Lord, where's Irina? And IMO, Sasha should be number one. With Freja at number 3. I'm not a big fan of The Piv or Beha, but they should be higher.

:lol: Sasha number one???!!! Honey please explain..

^ Plenty of people put Sasha at #2 or at least in the Top 5. IMO, she has the best mix of editorials, shows and campaigns. And I also can't stand Gemma, so that may have something to do with it :yuk:

xmodel citizen said:
^ Plenty of people put Sasha at #2 or at least in the Top 5. IMO, she has the best mix of editorials, shows and campaigns. And I also can't stand Gemma, so that may have something to do with it :yuk:

Campaigns are a lot more important than editorial and shows, Sasha had the last few seasons not that many campaign (only Prada 3 times and last season there was Armani fragrence two). She hasn't proof herself enough with ads if you ask me to be number one.

xmodel citizen said:

Gemma is the undisputed, current top model, 'IT' girl (however you put it) of the high fashion industry. It's undeniable but in terms of versatility and in terms of the 'wow' factor, Sasha has her beat by FAR. However, reality is that Gemma is #1 wether people feel she deserves it or not ^_^

^ Very true. People know who Gemma Ward is, even people in my middle-of-nowhere high school have heard of her, suprisingly. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->