MDC "The Money Girls" Top25

How much do you guys think a "catalog queen" would make per year? And these high fashion models don't really start making money until they do campaigns or get contracts with big cosmetic or fragrance brands?

How much do you guys think a "catalog queen" would make per year? And these high fashion models don't really start making money until they do campaigns or get contracts with big cosmetic or fragrance brands?

Many make 6 to 7 figures after agency, tax etc. Many seasoned catalog girls can command a day rate in the mid/solid 5 figure rate. To my understanding, those commercial type clients are more loyal to their models (less switching around, less about the hot new face) and are more reliable about payment. There's less "exclusivity" so they shoot for many different clients. On top of catalog, these are the same girls you see doing the Pantene ads/commercials, Herbal Essences, Aveeno, Warner's, Maidenform etc. Based on some models I know, those types of beauty companies are less about shooting new ads all the time/trendy. That's good for the model because with commercials, models can make money years later off residuals and buyouts.
They aren't the most prestigious or fashion forward brands but some girls are in modeling for the money!

That also reminds me if anyone remembers the lawsuit Anna J filed against Next and it showed how much she made in a year....it was much much less than MDC hyped her to be. She has some high end fragrance contracts and beauty campaigns under her belt too. There is a thread about that irrc..

Last edited by a moderator:

am curious to know who are the top catalogue queens. Theres tht girl that was on the cover of Vogue Italia soon, how about Elsa Benitez and that former high fashion model that did lots of Nine west ads and now does Avon theres also a black model with short hair who has been doing commercial ads since the 90s

Thanks for the responses. This is all very interesting.

am curious to know who are the top catalogue queens. Theres tht girl that was on the cover of Vogue Italia soon, how about Elsa Benitez and that former high fashion model that did lots of Nine west ads and now does Avon theres also a black model with short hair who has been doing commercial ads since the 90s

And I'm happy you made that thread about the catalog girls. I want to know the major models in that sector too.

That also reminds me if anyone remembers the lawsuit Anna J filed against Next and it showed how much she made in a year....it was much much less than MDC hyped her to be. She has some high end fragrance contracts and beauty campaigns under her belt too. There is a thread about that irrc..

The Anna J lawsuit documents aren't an accurate reflection though. I believe the documents were only for a couple of months and it showed how much the agency still owed her 50k+ not how much she made. It did show how much you could get for commerical work, I think the JCrew catalog she did was like 12K for the day or something like that.

The Anna J lawsuit documents aren't an accurate reflection though. I believe the documents were only for a couple of months and it showed how much the agency still owed her 50k+ not how much she made. It did show how much you could get for commerical work, I think the JCrew catalog she did was like 12K for the day or something like that.

The document I saw was unpaid monies during the course of one year and then I saw another document of unpaid monies over year (billings she was still waiting on even after a year or two working for the client).

From my understanding, it wasn't so much about what Next owed her as much as the client did not pay, which happens very very frequently with the "trendier" fast paced clients.

Upon signing with some of the big agencies, many include a document that shows which "prestigious" fashion forward clients the agencies refuse to take legal action against in the case that there are unpaid dues. I know BCBG is one of those clients. It just means that the "image" relationship between the client and agency overrides the model's right to her money, which isn't fair but that's "fashion" and "prestige."
So the reason why I hear a lot of insiders dispute these "money lists" is because a lot of the clients MDC consider "the biggest fashion clients" actually cheat off models for image. Yet, the clients who are reputable for paying on time are the ones that many girls will turn over (and agents might advise to do so) because it's cheesy or it's not "image" enough.

Most of you have very interesting points of view... love how I brought this thread back to life by mistake! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alksdnfskfgikwjfne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->