Me From Miyake

purechris

no photos, no photos
Reaction score
I just received some info at the store about ME from Issey Miyake. It is launching stateside for Spring. It appears to be a lower priced line, wholesale $50-200. Does anybody know about this. The pics included in the packet aren't very detailed. Runner?.... :flower:

Originally posted by purechris@Sep 4 2004, 11:29 AM
I just received some info at the store about ME from Issey Miyake. It is launching stateside for Spring. It appears to be a lower priced line, wholesale $50-200. Does anybody know about this. The pics included in the packet aren't very detailed. Runner?.... :flower:
[snapback]356313[/snapback]​

Yes, it's a new line, lower priced. I saw the pieces in the Issey Miyake store in Tribeca. It's not bad, but nothing fantastic. I am not sure if a different manufacturing process is involved as with APOC.

it seems that Me Issey Miyake made its debut in S/S 01 in Japan, characterized by the fabric which stretches in all directions. (I don't know well though, sorry)

I like "Haat" (meaning village market in Sanskrit) which is also from Issey Miyake.
and the new line called "Kazuaki Takashima" has just been launched this fall.

Haat

haat1.jpg

Thanks guys. I don't know if it's right for the store, but may book an appt to check it out when I'm in town.

You're welcome.

I'll try to find its photos.
a deep sleep for now.

Thanks Runner.
Pretty cool concept I think. It does remind me of an 80s retail phenomenon called Units.....I will def check out the product when I go to market.

sound super cool and definitley forward thinking...excellent...thanks for bringing this up chris and thanks for the info runner...

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 4 2004, 09:56 PM
That's a bit too weird for me. "Get your clothes in a tube from a vending machine!" :huh: :unsure:
[snapback]356779[/snapback]​
i absolutely love that idea! i saw the photos of the store and WOW...i think it's amazing :wub:

Yeah, the tube distribution system won a prize or at least an honorable mention from International Design magazine a few years back.

it's by a design team (he might be involved in some way though).

001.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

Originally posted by runner@Sep 4 2004, 12:57 PM

and the new line called "Kazuaki Takashima" has just been launched this fall.

[snapback]356376[/snapback]​
from Kazuaki Takashima first collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"