Meet Bono, the Founder of EDUN

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
100104_39.jpg

hmmmm :P

EAST OF EDUN: The photo of Bono on the cover of Black Book’s October/November issue is notable both for what the U2 frontman isn’t wearing and for what he is. The purple fabric swathing his head was made by Edun, the new fair-trade fashion label Bono founded in partnership with designer Rogan Gregory. Edun’s apparel line will debut next year, with pieces ranging in price from $50 to $250.

As for what Bono isn’t wearing, that would be his trademark oversized shades. “He said, ‘This is the first time anybody will be seeing me without my sunglasses in 15 years,’” recalled Black Book editor in chief Evan Schindler. As part of the issue’s “Face-to-Face” theme, Schindler arranged for Bono and supermodel Helena Christensen, who are old friends, to meet in the south of France, where U2 was recording its new album, and take pictures of each other wearing Edun. In the margins of the resulting photos Bono painted lyrics from the album for an overall effect that’s one part art, two parts self-promotion. — Jeff Bercovici

from wwd :flower:

He was also guest speaker at the British Labour Party conference this week. Trying to make Tony Blair seem appealing again.

Bono for PM, Bono with a catwalk in LFW

he`s trying to take over ,, spreadig peace and all that stuff but in another form ,, we get you Bono

don't get me wrong i'm a u2 fan. until all that you can't leave behind.

But bono's just trying to hide his baldness.. :innocent:

yeah i remebr hearing about this.

not really expecting much

i dont expect much either
jumping on the celebrity designer wagon? weird no?

This is so depressing. Bono would seem to be the LAST person to do the designer thing.

I love U2, I love Bono, etc. etc... but Bono... NO NO NO.

whatever...everything else they've done has been great...why not this...i always love their tour clothes...soo maybe this will be interesting...

will it be men's or women's or both???

Fair-trade is, I assume, the point he's trying to make.
Not clothes, hence the actual designer.

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 6 2004, 10:56 AM
whatever...everything else they've done has been great...why not this...i always love their tour clothes...soo maybe this will be interesting...
[snapback]387402[/snapback]​

I hope you're right.. :smile:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 6 2004, 05:01 PM
what does it mean?... :huh:
[snapback]387407[/snapback]​
Providing fair wages, and purchasing fairly traded products which support wages and health and safety conditions for workers in the developing world.
Those who make the product are supposed to get the maximum amount with middlemen cut out and retailers making little profit.

Until this it only ever really been applied to foods like coffee, tea and chocolate, in specific shops/charities.

Yay Bono! He can be a pain in the a** sometimes but it's always with the best of intentions. I fully support him. :clap:

god another celebrity designer...im sick of it :sick: \

u2s great but come on, every single celebrity is becoming a designer....i dont understand why the fashion world is just letting this happen.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 6 2004, 11:08 AM
Providing fair wages, and purchasing fairly traded products which support wages and health and safety conditions for workers in the developing world.
Those who make the product are supposed to get the maximum amount with middlemen cut out and retailers making little profit.

Until this it only ever really been applied to foods like coffee, tea and chocolate, in specific shops/charities.
[snapback]387416[/snapback]​

that sounds great..!!!...yaya bono... :woot: :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 6 2004, 09:29 AM
fair trade rocks
[snapback]387443[/snapback]​

indeed

go for fair trade coffe, choclate,diamonds, cloth, whatever you can

some things from edun's f/w 05...
looks pretty good actually....

:wink:
credit satineboutique.com

it does, doesn't it? i like the first outfit, perfect NYC uniform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->