Meet Bono, the Founder of EDUN

cassius23 said:
Do you guys know these designers personally? or do you just think you do because you are so obessed with them? :huh:
Yes, I know Bono personally. In fact, just the other day he was telling me about having to appear in court to get a fourth restraining order against you.

So I guess we know how you became the expert on identifying obsession, don't we? :D:flower:

But seriously...Welcome to tFs...I hope you'll take the time to get to know us, and I hope your third impression is a little better than your first and second.

^^^ ... ^_^...oh baron...very funny...

thanks for changing the title erin...
:flower:

You're too nice baron. Cassius23 should be immediately banned on the grounds of posting the worst first post ever...and then repeating it as the worst second post ever.

The Baron said:
You can slag Bono and his ego all you want, but one thing I like about him is that his self-promotion is never purely self-promotion - it's always intended to draw attention through him to something else he wants people to pay attention to. In this case, fair trade. As he has said himself, "Shopping is politics."

That is true. If an academic can not get people's attention, but a rock star can, what can you do?

Johnny said:
You're too nice baron. Cassius23 should be immediately banned on the grounds of posting the worst first post ever...and then repeating it as the worst second post ever.

Oh my god, you're too funny Johnny! :rofl: :rofl:

The Baron is cool...for all we know Cassius could be 10 years old, after all.
Or just real stressed. ^_^

Back on topic, I love fair-trade, always keep my eyes open for fair trade stuff...and quite frankly, this is the first consistently stylish fair trade clothing line ever. (I do love People Tree though.)

Melisande said:
Oh my god, you're too funny Johnny! :rofl: :rofl:

The Baron is cool...for all we know Cassius could be 10 years old, after all.
Or just real stressed. ^_^
i checked...17 yr...
raging teenage hormones i guess...:rolleyes: :innocent:

:lol:

I like Bono way before U2 became mainstream, but man, he should just stick to music. Period!

awww nothing...it's still just as annoying...:lol:...

smartarse said:
I like Bono way before U2 became mainstream, but man, he should just stick to music. Period!

Ah, you must, like me, be one of the more mature members here since Bono went mainstream in 1988 when u2 released the joshua tree. Most of our members weren't even born then, or at least were not of such an age to be checkin out underground rockstars.

Anyway, I think Bono genuinely feels like he should do something more with his immense fame, and that it's not just all a cliched act. I know he is super rich and drinks 30Euro cocktails at Club 55 or whatever it's called at St Trop, but he can't really change the fact that he's super rich. I think what he does try to do is change as much as he reasonably can, using his wealth and fame. He is a little over-earnest sometimes, but it's too easy to knock rockers for this type of stuff. Good on you Bono!! Horay! Fair Trade Bloody Fair Trade!

softgrey said:
awww nothing...it's still just as annoying...:lol:...

haha...I'm in a benevolent mood! B)

Johnny and smartarse you can count me in the gang...my earliest U2 memory being learning Sunday Bloody Sunday by heart (...coming to think of it, strange choice of music for a little tiny kid... :ninja:)

I agree, the world needs all the help it can get, from anyone who's willing...

Last edited by a moderator:
smartarse said:

If you are serious about U2, you should have understood that what they promote politically is a majar part of their music. They wouldn't have gained so much fame as pure artist. They gained credits because of what they do, and because of the deep foundation and social concern in their music.

smartarse said:

If you have read any information about this line... you would hopefully understand what it stands for... where some of the proceeds go... and I hate to break it to you, but Bono IS politics. Even before music. Being active has been a foundation for him, even when U2 was a wee band.

And yes, he may be a rich, rich man... but he has paid his dues, both him and U2. You see so many people with bundles of money (Paris Hilton, for example) doing NOTHING good with their fame. Why people say Bono is going in the wrong direction apparently have an odd angle on celebrity-dom.

:flower: thanks Johnny! Well not to show my age.... anyhooooo, Bono a designer? I just can't fathom it. Oh well I guess you have to spread the wealth somehow B)

Johnny said:
Ah, you must, like me, be one of the more mature members here since Bono went mainstream in 1988 when u2 released the joshua tree. Most of our members weren't even born then, or at least were not of such an age to be checkin out underground rockstars.

Anyway, I think Bono genuinely feels like he should do something more with his immense fame, and that it's not just all a cliched act. I know he is super rich and drinks 30Euro cocktails at Club 55 or whatever it's called at St Trop, but he can't really change the fact that he's super rich. I think what he does try to do is change as much as he reasonably can, using his wealth and fame. He is a little over-earnest sometimes, but it's too easy to knock rockers for this type of stuff. Good on you Bono!! Horay! Fair Trade Bloody Fair Trade!

Johnny said:

Just to clarify... U2 hasn't been underground since 1982... :wink:

I thought his wife had something to do with all of this...I read an article a while back about her I'm sure, and some kind of fairtrade designing she was doing.

Edit: I just read the previous page and it states this, my apologies ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Erin said:
I wonder how the line has been doing?

Unfortunatly I dont have any specifics, just the store seems busy enough and the reaction in the press over here has been excellent.

Erin said:
Just to clarify... U2 hasn't been underground since 1982... :wink:
that is debatable....
they were certainly not mainstream at that time...not top 40 or anything...
and only became widely known after 1986-
i think johnny's pretty spot on there...
joshua tree broke them through...

:flower:

early, middle or late, theres a period to suit all my moods. but my darkroom rocks to the sound of early u2 [1979-1982]

I saw some Edun clothes for men at the local SAKS store last weekend. To be honest, the stuff I saw really don't have any appeal to me, nothing interesting at all. They remind me of the clothes I saw on the website of www.guyshop.com, except that the color tend to be mono-chromatic. Is it because the way this SAKS bought it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->