Meet Bono, the Founder of EDUN

softgrey said:
that is debatable....
they were certainly not mainstream at that time...not top 40 or anything...
and only became widely known after 1986-
i think johnny's pretty spot on there...
joshua tree broke them through...

:flower:

I guess not mainstream here in the US the, but in the UK they hit the charts during their War era...

Anyway. :flower:

Edun pops up in quite a few fashion magazines now. A lot of models who are jumping on the organic clothing bandwagon are sporting Edun tees. I wish I had the extra $$$ to purchase. :blush:

Erin said:
I guess not mainstream here in the US the, but in the UK they hit the charts during their War era...

Anyway. :flower:

Edun pops up in quite a few fashion magazines now. A lot of models who are jumping on the organic clothing bandwagon are sporting Edun tees. I wish I had the extra $$$ to purchase. :blush:
Don't feel so bad, because (if your goal is charity) by the time the actual pay gets to those poor souls who make this stuff, a large portion of proceeds from the overpriced tshirts, sweatshirts and jeans you would've bought will end up in the pockets of Saks, Bono, the factory owners, etc.

You can slag Bono and his ego all you want, but one thing I like about him is that his self-promotion is never purely self-promotion - it's always intended to draw attention through him to something else he wants people to pay attention to.

so true baron...
GREAT post....
agreed 110%....:wink:...

I'm amazed at the number of models now favoring this line... especially the tees...

What's the percentage of cost that goes to fair-trade? Or is this line promoting fair-trade by actually doing fair-trade (fair wages and hours, etc.)? I'm a bit confused :huh:

I read that this was his wife's project. Edun was created by Ali Hewson. Does it really need the superstar husband behind it now? Though leave it to Bono to tune a pair of jeans into a socio-economic affair. I still love the man.

^ Having his name associated with it has helped immensely. Yes, Edun was originally by Ali... but I'm sure it was Bono's connections that helped her to get that deal. So sure, slap his name on it...

Erin said:
^ Having his name associated with it has helped immensely. Yes, Edun was originally by Ali... but I'm sure it was Bono's connections that helped her to get that deal. So sure, slap his name on it...

Actually Ali is not less famous in Ireland than her husband. But internationally, she does need the promotion. the Edun project also fits Bono's agenda, so I see it as a perfect combination.:flower:
At least they are creating job opportunities and help the disadvantaged to make a living in a sustainable way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->