Melanie Fiona

Miss Dalloway

Reaction score
I really like this girl's voice, specially live, and her single "Give It To Me Right" is even though very sexual (obviously, and heavily samples from Times Of The Season) great.Don't know much about her style, but she seems to be getting more and more popular so i'm sure we will see more of her in the future.

Melanie-Fiona.jpg

Image source: space-fruit.livejournal.com

Melanie Fiona is a Canadian singer/songwriter from Toronto, Canada. Melanie was born to Guyanese Immigrant parents and grew-up in the inner city of Toronto [1]. Living in a music filled household, Melanie Fiona says she always knew music was her passion. Melanie's father was a guitarist in a band and would allow her to sit on the stage when she was younger as he practiced and remembers her mother playing music at home; everything from The Ronettes to Whitney Houston.​
Melanie Fiona's debut album The Bridge has been announced for release in the Spring of 2009. The debut single "Give It To Me Right" was released to radio stations on February 28th, 2009 and has peaked at #39 on Billboard's Canadian Hot 100. Melanie has worked with Future Cut, Vada Nobles, J. Phoenix, Peter Wade and Salaam Remi for her freshman album. Melanie Fiona was featured on 2008's Reggae Gold 2008 with Supa Dups' "Somebody Come Get Me". [3]
Melanie opened for Kanye West during his European Tour in 2008, notable since she still hasn't released an album
Wikipedia

Homegirl is killin it
Real talent here...
Melanie performing on 106 & park bet

love her! so glad to hear good music after years of pretty crappy ones

New single (and my personal favorite) from her latest LP, 'The MF Life' -

Change The Record ft B.o.B

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member