Menichetti Uomo ss05 Florence

Menichetti ss05 faves :

2F1B1582_8224.jpg
2F1B1656_8240.jpg

:heart:
2F1B1664_8242.jpg
2F1B1592_8226.jpg

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 26th, 2004 - 2:04 am
:woot: thanks for taking the time to post all those pictures runner.
there are few looks that i liked, but in general i wasn't too hot on his trouser lines..
or on his jacket shapes but i liked the colours quite a lot
Agreed , LENA :heart:

But at least he's moved away from that JIL SANDER look that he redid totally for his ONE season at CERRUTI !!! :wink:

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 26th, 2004 - 2:04 am
:woot: thanks for taking the time to post all those pictures runner.
there are few looks that i liked, but in general i wasn't too hot on his trouser lines..
or on his jacket shapes but i liked the colours quite a lot
you are welcome
glad you liked some points.

in my opinion, he is usually much better at pieces for A/W.
and runway might not be a good place for his collection, since his aesthetic may appear a bit narrow.
he focuses his attention on not only forms but also fabrics (and of course leather), charging them with lots of ideas and the message of his vision.

generally speaking, his stuff seems to be long-lasting favorite in one's wardrobe.

prorsum

Originally posted by runner@Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:40 am
runway might not be a good place for his collection, since his aesthetic may appear a bit narrow.
good point

i have to differ on the jacket shapes. i find the majority of them completly flattering. i was impressed by this runway collection. :wub: there is only one jacket i found unlikable the large pink one. many of the looks were interesting a classy casual man is what he showcases.

oh wow, what a great show! all my boys were there - rudolfs, dimitri, peter, martins :heart: :heart: fantastic clothes, casting...

thanks so much for the photos!

also: dario werbowy = cyrus sipp, valerie's brother.

while the upper half of it looks a carbon copy of Kors (I guess it's a nod to the basics that Celine sells mostly), the bottom half is much fresher. I like the dolphins :blush: And anyway, anybody is more creative than Kors....

the shirts with the ziga zags at the bottom remind of charlie brown :lol:

LOVE IT. :heart:

For me this is easily one of the best collections of the season, right along side Bottega Veneta and Dell Aqua. I love the shape of his short jackets. It's an effortlessly stylish look that'd flatter just about any body type. I also think his choices of colours are absolutely spot-on, fresh and youthful without being too flamboyantly unwearable. But it does strike me a little odd that the majority of shoes and belts are brown, even in cases where black would've been the logical choice.

I really have high hopes for Menichetti. I think he'll be the one to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->