MET Costume Institute Gala 2021-2022: In America: A Lexicon of Fashion & Anthology of Fashion.

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by THD96, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

This will be the most boring show in their history.

Of course LaQuan/Kerby/(and likely Christopher John Rogers) will be featured LOOL ...Work that representation angle, girls. Cuz that’s all that they’ve got.

(I’ll give it up for Virgil: He’s still sh*t— but he worked his hustle on the Asian market and succeeded wildly. And he succeeded before the representation mania that's gone out of control in the US.)

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Sigh, I mean I guess the theme was to be expected? I knew it would be social or political considering, but still held out hope that it may well turn out to just be about fashion. Vogue said they've missed fashion so why such a sombre theme?

And it's again so open-ended that designers will come up with anything and pass it off as a 'statement' on gender/identity/race etc. Ralph Lauren can do a basic black evening dress and apply it to the above.

3. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

Is this the first time the Met honoring American designers works?

I better not see a single piece from Ms. Donna "asking for it" Karen. Is it only present designer from 70s, 80s and 90s because I cannot think of a single current American designer in New York right now that worth put in the museum. Maybe Tom Ford, Marc Jacobs and Ralph Lauren.

Benn98 and RedSmokeRise like this.
  4. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

That is very good PR decision. When people will coming back to travel and sightseeing they will starting organize more interesting
    exhibitions. MET and Andrew Bolton idea for fashion
    exhibition is always very safe due to they want attract the greatest number of people. IMO they focus on american people because the tourism business is limited now.

5. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

I think this is great, and the timing is perfect.
    It's about time American fashion is celebrated, and elevated in this way.

6. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Can’t wait for this.