Metrosexuals

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Holland_MULTIMEDIA*, Nov 19, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. Holland_MULTIMEDIA*

Holland_MULTIMEDIA* New Member

Does anybody else hate this whole movement toward fashion friendly straight guys? Im a guy myself, and yes im straight, but as this year rounds off I keep feeling like corporate america is exploiting us guys in fashion. now its cool for guys to wear girls jeans and be obsessed with the mirror. Its just one more thing that was once unique and is now going to be raped and left for dead bycorporations and media (MTV & VH1) what are your thoughts.

2. Pete

Pete New Member

I agree. I am also male and hetero (not that it matters at all), but I love fashion and am especially interested in it because of an amazing internship I had. BTW- I have two phenomenal women in my life who were interested in fashion and I just got tagged along with them- then I started noticing I feel better when I take care of myself! I moisturize my face (oooohhhh), wear nice clothes and care about how I look because it makes me feel good. They put a name to it that is catchy and all the sudden it's a phenomenon. If you look at the most admirable "dandies" from the past such as Cary Grant and Sinatra, they would be considered off the wall by the media. Oh well. Can't worry too much about it. We're individuals and should act as such!

3. saad

saad New Member

im a hetero guy too. i love fashion and those who think its kind of feminine of me can shove it up theirs :unsure:
    i think its totally outlandish how taking good care of how you look and feel can be linked to homosexuality etc.
    i like dressing up yeah. i like to keep my skin clear of dirt too. i like m hair to look just perfect (im still working in that area by the way... :lol:)
    i design both mens clothes and female evening wear!!! i think its very manly of all of us guys ;)

4. Acid

Acid yes

im bisexual and i absolutely hate this whole metrosexual thing especially when they are like 'do you like my burberry scarf' and im like 'well actually i dont sorry' and they get all offended.

metrosexual guys are SO ignorant too........especially if they get hit on by gay men, i mean........what can you expect when you're wearing the most make-up

lastly........metrosexual's seem to be way insecure about everything they do.....thus looking in the mirror all the time etc.........and trying to make sure they walk right

5. contessacolette

contessacolette New Member

i just wouldn't date anyone who is in possession of more beauty products :p

I have to be the prettier one in the relationship, bar none. :lol:

6. Jaim45

Jaim45 New Member

:lol: Thats EXACTLY the way I feel :lol:

7. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

like Sean said once, I just think that's a coverup for gay men :lol:

8. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

I'm straight and I like style. Not fashion. I've never worn a beauty product though because I have a Diploma in Chemistry!

What the h*ll is a metrosexual? A man who likes commercial fashion but doesn't have good taste? (as Burberry scarf would imply)

9. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

lets put it this way, a metrosexual guy is a "supposedly straight" guy who dresses as chic as a gay guy and takes extreme care of his appearance ;)

10. PrinceOfCats

So if he's "actually straight" it's alright?

11. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

Um, yes. Which personally it will be hard to believe :lol:

12. Holland_MULTIMEDIA*

Are you calling me gay? Maybe you dont understand. What I was saying was that I cant stand the whole way people associate culinary arts, design, fashion, traditional arts, etc with being gay. I mean have you seen Queer Eye? I have something in common with all of them. I have nothing against gay guys, but its my experience that theyre not any different from a normal guy (well maybe one thing). Imean they dont know who Tom Ford or Hedi Silmane is, they dont know the difference between a restaurant owned by a corporation and one owned by an actual chef. basically im mad that corporate america has packaged all these traits and marketed them as being gay.

13. Holland_MULTIMEDIA*

Seriously, Alajandro if you dont understand what im saying Id be happy to dumb down my last post and explain to you word for word. :lol:

maybe even a drawing....... :lol:

14. PrinceOfCats

What you're saying is that Corporate America believes that being civilized is gay. America has always had an unhealthy obsession with the macho so it's not suprising. Vote Democrat if you don't like it.

15. lele

lele New Member

oh no i smell a fight brewing...
    voting democrat is not going to change the obsession with macho....it has always been and will forever appear pansy to like cooking, decorating, clothes etc to the norm... but WHO CARES!!! if you like it and you are gay, you are not gay, you think you are gay... whatever it does not matter what mainstream society thinks or what is being marketed at the moment.... go with what you like.....i love football but I am not worried I am turning into a lesbian......

16. Acid

Acid yes

the thing is......straight men have been harsh to gay men for so long, now that they are practically copying gay culture.......the gay's are sticking their fingers up at the straights

women find extreme 'metrosexual's' highly UNATTRACTIVE anyway.......
    too much looking in the mirror + 2 hours spent on hair grooming = b e u r k

and also.........metrosexual's normally have the LEAST personality EVER.....they are nothing more than boring men dressing like interesting men

17. contessacolette

contessacolette New Member

i like my man a little rugged. i don't think i can deal with a "metrosexual"--

Metrosexuals are the same thing as Preppies I think...it's like calling Coke "New Classic Coke"

18. PrinceOfCats

Gay culture is fancying people of the same gender and having gay sex. I fail to see how straight men could possibly copy that.

19. lele

lele New Member

i think there are so many different types that make up the world....and everyone is attracted to something different. I like rugged, manly, even a little sweaty at times but I know girls that like their husbands, men, waxed, groomed, manicured, smelling good with blonde tips and designer jeans.... we all love and want different things and that is what makes the world go round...

20. lele

lele New Member

culture actually has to do more with tradition, habit, behavior, hobbies...i think the actual act of sex is less about culture so it is easy to copy gay culture if you are straight....