Michael Kors, Spring/summer 05

I really like it. (Then again I seem to like everything, but...) I think that it looks very him-modern and casual but "frisky".

r3741480882.jpg
r2506814855.jpg

r3156062960.jpg
r2391218453.jpg

Honestly, I don't like it at all. The last collection of his that I really liked was f/w 03......I mean, there have been pieces I liked, but none of the overall collections have thrilled me.

I'm a big Kors fan...I was very dissapointed in this show. This "traveling socialite" thing is getting old.

Perhaps he has been spending too much time focusing on his Michael line. :shock: He has that to grow even though he no longer designs for Celine. Have you seen it? Cheap, cheap...and ooggly...I read how he is really hoping to capitalize on the Macys market.....
If you haven't seen it, you haven't missed much..just another diffusion line lacking any appeal.....

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Sep 14 2004, 03:55 PM
uh, no :sick:

dont like this at all. i was expecting his collection to get better because he doesnt have celine to look after & design for anymore :innocent:
[snapback]367155[/snapback]​

:blink: why??? what went wrong with Kors this season?
i wasnt expecting too much, but this is not even at his usual typical 'lady who lunch' standards.. sad show, almost everything seems wrong (shapes, colour, hair, everything) :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 14 2004, 07:07 PM
:blink: why??? what went wrong with Kors this season?
i wasnt expecting too much, but this is not even at his usual typical 'lady who lunch' standards.. sad show, almost everything seems wrong (shapes, colour, hair, everything) :ninja:
[snapback]367391[/snapback]​
That's what I was thinking. Where's the uptown/dowtown cool factor? Where's the chicness? These clothes look like leftovers from the hippie/artsy trend of a few years ago.....do we have to rehash it so soon Mike?

:huh: despite my low expectations for the ny shows in general, I still didn't like this collection :unsure:

I think it's gorgeous - everything is cohesive and glamourous and lustworthy.

i was sorely disappointed in michael kors spring collection...it seems as though kors has forgotten about the madcap ostentatiousness us americans enjoy about his work. it's a bout a sable lined jacket and a mink scarf and cashmere in the summer...this had none of that...this all looked too practical and frankly too hilfiger

I like the hair and everything else except the hats. I'm also not very keen on animal print so the dresses are out.

Is this the same man who turned out the jaw-droppingly sophisticated farewell collection at Celine merely six months ago??? This stuff is Ugly. Except from a few blue-patterned and brocade looks which were directly lifted from SS04, everything else is Versace-tacky, esp. the leopards.

About the only looks that I liked (nothing exceptional, still:(
00510f.jpg
00590f.jpg

Originally posted by LibertyRose@Sep 15 2004, 02:45 PM
Is this the same man who turned out the jaw-droppingly sophisticated farewell collection at Celine merely six months ago??? This stuff is Ugly. Except from a few blue-patterned and brocade looks which were directly lifted from SS04, everything else is Versace-tacky, esp. the leopards.

[snapback]368298[/snapback]​

i so agree with you...sometimes there was stuff from celine and kors that was bland but i've never actually thought stuff was outright ugly...like this on caroline is a halloween costume, not understated american elegance...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/livin...ple/9660640.htm

Michael Kors Designs 'Greek Chic'

SAMANTHA CRITCHELL

Associated Press

NEW YORK - When most fashion designers talk about Greek goddesses, they mean the ancient kind who wore draped column gowns and braided belts. Not Michael Kors.

The "Greek chic" collection Kors previewed Tuesday at New York Fashion Week was for a modern goddess, one of the slim, tanned variety who enjoys spending her days on the beaches of the island of Santorini and late nights in Mykonos.

Kors turned his runway into a playground for the jet-setter who might need a tiger-print georgette short caftan with turquoise trim to wear over her tiger bikini.

For lunch at a seaside cafe, she could choose from an ocean-blue silk georgette batik peasant blouse with linen pants embroidered at the ankle, or an off-the-shoulder peasant dress with tiers of ruffles from the waist down.

And this woman needs evening clothes, too: a white hand-embroidered dance dress with embedded crystals or a white chiffon jersey gown with colored crystals covering the bikini-style top and waistband, perhaps?

Kors described the collection as "sportswear with a romantic sense of glamour ... delicate embroideries and lavish embellishments with a relaxed attitude."

An extremely glamorous actress - Elizabeth Taylor - was his muse for spring. There even was a "Liz" dress, a white jersey short dress with a string of crystals and turquoise around the empire waist.

"Michael Kors' collection was brash ... bold, and as a designer, he puts out (on the runway) what he believes in without any restraint, from sexy and beaded to exotic and animal prints to colorful and classic. ... And he thinks about it from head to toe," said Tom Julian, a trend analyst for ad agency Fallon Worldwide and commentator for the fashion Web site Main Floor.

looking at it today, i don't know, it doesn't seem as great as yday, but there are some pieces i still like-the white peasant boho mini dress, the jewellery, and the greican style evening wear, and most of the mini skirts.All the other dresses are nothing special. I still like a lot of the stuff though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"