Microdermabrasion/ Chemical Peel

Ever had a chemical peel?

anyone ever had any type of peel AHA, TCA, or phenol? I'm interested in the Obagi Blue Peel which is a form of TCA peel.

It's gonna be almost two years since I had my last Chemical Peel...I've had two done to get rid of old acne scars... Im completely satisfied with the results :angel:

what kind of peel did you have? and what did you use to stop your acne? you have great looking skin share your secret.

Alejandro said:
It's gonna be almost two years since I had my last Chemical Peel...I've had two done to get rid of old acne scars... Im completely satisfied with the results :angel:
ouch! Did you look like Samantha on SATC after the peel??:doh:

I had a TCA peel... I had to be out of any kind of sun exposure for two months, and I had to apply this thick medication on my skin twice a day, and clean it up with a spatula :cry: , my face looked like a lobster... then my skin was getting better and better...

The acne scars I had were mostly from childhood, I've tried several things, Accutane, which I stopped using the first week, cause I wanted to kill myself, then I went on Retin-A, but my skin was getting too dry and I opened my mouth, and the feeling was like I was bringing my whole face forward...it actually made it worse... what worked most was Proactiv...after proactiv I had the chemical peels, and stopped it... never came back as it used to be...now and then I get a pimple here and there that concealer can cover perfectly :wink:

i almost did but they i had microdermabrasion instead.....it was stupid and i didnt like it

I get micros here and there, normally two a year, to keep my skin fresh and glowy, but micros just "scrub off" dead cells from your skin's surface...it will leave it soft and a bit even, but the results are not as drastic as a peel :flower:

i was thinking of getting a TCA peel more specifically the Obagi blue peel, im relieved to hear that yours went well. not really sure if i should go with a light AHA peel or medium TCA peel. how much did you get charged for the TCA peel. thanks ale.

Alejandro said:
I get micros here and there, normally two a year, to keep my skin fresh and glowy, but micros just "scrub off" dead cells from your skin's surface...it will leave it soft and a bit even, but the results are not as drastic as a peel :flower:
what are micros:blink:

^ exactly :wink:

In Puerto Rico, I paid US$500 for each treatment... I believe it was well invested :wink: BTW, I went for a light peel, because my doc reccomended it, my skin was (still is) young, and I could get rid of acne scars with two light ones, instead of one heavy peel... the healing process would take longer and it might leave scars or un eveness... depending on your skin's status, you should do it light, don't go crazy, because I've seen friends of mine that did the same I did, but they went overboard, and their skin looks now like they had something done :doh:

Good luck with whatever option you choose :heart: :kiss:

EdK said:
what kind of peel did you have? and what did you use to stop your acne? you have great looking skin share your secret.
getting a chemical peel will not fix your acne..
sure, you can get it peeled and your skin will look nice for a while, but acne will come back sooner or later...
if you have acne, i suggest you treat them first and then get a peel :flower:

my sister's best friend got a chemical peel (dont know what kind) and her acne came back afterwards, so her skin got a little better right after the peel but she ended up having acne all over again.. (therefore more acne scars all over again..)

i think it depends on what peel you get. i think AHA peels help treat acne. AHA is a light peel, but deeper peels such as TCA and phenol dont help treat acne.

Eerr I heard abut some sort of laser type version too...what is that? :unsure:

I'm thinking of getting something done to get ride of scars. :ninja:

I had a light peel two weeks ago, a glycolic acid peel. I am very satisfied, my skin is really purified, with dramatically less comedos, and my pores are less enlarged. I should have done this before. It was not that expensive (100 euros), I was all red for something like half an hour, then in the evening my skin looked perfect. I am going to repeat the peeling every month 'til the summer. I had accepted my bad skin, but I was wrong, there was something good and not too aggressive to do, and I am glad I found out. I am sure it can help fighting acne, as it deeply cleans the pore and makes you loose all the dead skin. :flower:

www.platinumskincare.com has TCA, glycolic, lactic acid, salicylic acid peels and more. they are VERY professional and i reccomend checking out the site. its a bit unorganized but i have been more than satisfied with the salicylic acid and glycolic acid samples i've tried. the pH levels are safe enough for at home use but they aren't buffered down to nothing.

Lancome Resurface Peel - Microdermabrasion

Has anyone tried Lancome's Resurface Peel? I've had glycolic peels before when I used to go for facials but I'm wondering if this 8% glycolic content in Lancome is anywhere near what the professionals use when you go for facials.

Home Microdermabrasion Kits

Hi All,
This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum religiously for months. :D Anyway, my question is; has anyone tried the microdermabrasion home kits? Specifically, has anyone tried the home kit made by "DermaPower?" From the website, it looks like they use the same type of crystal technology that the spas are using but the home kits are much cheaper. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Surely you need a course not just one guys? Hmmm Prada P can you reccommend any 10% AHA peels

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->