Miguel Adrover S/S 2004 - New York

Astrid21

Reaction score
I'm disappointed. :unsure: Miguel's work is always 50/50 with me. I like that he stays true to himself and rarely goes commercial; I just wish I liked his designs more. :blush: Plus they seemed a little heavy for Spring, no? A few of the designs I did like were the first two black dresses and the black leather sacks. :heart:

Opinions?

This collection is really him. The military-inspried jackets and the Arab prints were very Adrover Fall '01. But was it a good one for him? No, not really, IMO. No wearability and the influences are way too much for everyday dressing. He should have used them (Arab influences) as just inspirations and made them urbanly modern. Another thing I didn't like is it seemed that it wasn't moving forward, just a retrospective of the past collections.

Thanks, Astrid! :flower: :heart:

i don't really like it. those pieces that are more or less wearable could come from anyone, they don't really look "Adrover" IMO. actually, i was never a fan of his in the first place.
Thank you for photos Astrid :smile:

i liked -a lot- all his long pieces but i can see he is looking for more clients, not his best collection, is true, still, i confess i wouldn't mind wearing some of these looks (the last three long black dresses are really exceptional - to me that is) :blush:

I'm bringing back some pictures to this thread, just so they're out there :>
Images from firstview.com

23og3n
23og76

23oglv

23ogmf

Similar to some Martin Margiela boots for men not too long ago. Adrover also showed these boots on men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"