Miguel Adrover ss05

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Amélie, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Amélie

Amélie New Member

A very long presentation, but it got a good wrap...Miguel loves to tell a story or two...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Amélie

Amélie New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And running loose...the top says "Anyone See A Backer?" and the thread of the tale was broken...what good fun!
    [​IMG]

3. metal-on-metal

He's great. I don't see why style.com had to criticize him for the backer t-shirt. I guess it's hard for them to fathom that not everyone has an LVMH or Gucci Group budget behind them. :rolleyes:

As for the show, it was wonderful, I thought. Loved his casting as well. I like that he styles his shows in totally realistic, wearable ways. Any of the models in this show could have walked off the streets of NY and I think that fashion right now needs this kind of pragmatism in order to be relevant. :clap:

I wish him much success. Clearly he is talented but he really does need some major $$$ behind him.

4. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i lvoed this collection. Especially all the native american influence :heart:

The tailoring on some of the suits was so intresting and very diffrent than what most people do.

I like how the collection is adressing the ideas of mdoern design and crafts as a way of refrencing ethnicity and the modern world(does that make sens? :unsure: )

I liek how he mixed the uber prepy looks of plaid with the street looks and the native american and old fashion western looks.

5. clay

clay New Member

I like MA. I just wish he would be more concise with his presentations. I still think he is all over the place. He is going to be Very successful one day I know. I wish him well!

6. purechris

purechris no photos, no photos

There is a lot here that I like. I appreciate the references to craft, but some of the Native American pieces look a little too literal for me, while some blow me away. his tailoring is sharp and concise on the mens blazers and suiting which I really like.
    Agreed with the rest of you, somebody please step forward and give this man some money. We need more of this type of work.

7. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Loove the second Doo Ri :wink:

Miguel Adrover (Who showed 99 looks... yikes:(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I didn't like his use of 'old people' but...ah...well..

Jeffrey Chow:
    [​IMG]

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

love the line of all his dresses posted here and the white suit is yummy

he absolutely desrves more attention, he seems a bit useless with business, but i fond this very cute and :kiss: typical :innocent:

thanks for the topic :heart:

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

I like this collection. Though it is a bit up and down throughout,he really hasn't had a steady way of working either. So it is diffult to sustain much. He's still quirky though...thank heavens!

10. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i have to go and look at the rest of the collection ..but this man's work does absolutely nothing for me...i HATE the backwards baseball caps... :angry:

11. Theory

Theory New Member

I just don't get it. :unsure:

Who is his line targeted at? Do they actually go out and support his designs?

That white suit shown above is quite nice, but then the next look appears to be pajamas........I liked the mixture of dressy, preppy and then casual, but quirky, but it seems to lack cohesion......

12. AlexN

AlexN New Member

I don't like it at all. And where'd he find the "model" in the long coat? :blink:

13. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

this is what panic looks like: i think mr. adrover is trying to put out everything he's got in some sort of attempt to prove that he's still got it. i agree with whoever it is that said no one really supports him. i think that people like some of his clothes but he doesn't really have a devoted following like so many lesser knowns do...

but some of these pieces are unbeatable.

14. orlem

orlem New Member

Too much story

Not enough focus on fashion -- some of the outfits are really unimpressive... an oversized t-shirt with a print, or a beater & plain pants... spend more time on clothes please

15. clay

clay New Member

I loved his first collection, then what happend??? I need to see more of the collection also. Maybe there will be some surprises I hope. I like the "Backer" T-shirt though.

16. cerfas

cerfas Active Member

I think Adrover has a truly unique take on urban style. That's not exactly what I want to say, I'm not sure how to say it. He says something DIFFERENT and important about fashion and the ways people dress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cerfas

cerfas Active Member

18. cerfas

cerfas Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pictures from Vogue.com

19. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

I just think he has some really interesting concepts he plays with...but does not know how to take it, develop it into some continuity. He throws all of his moods into production without self editing. I wish he could pick like 3 looks...build on them and that is is...someone force him to FOCUS.

20. raijin

raijin New Member

I have to say this also does nothing for me.