Miguel Adrover ss05

marrimoda said:
I just think he has some really interesting concepts he plays with...but does not know how to take it, develop it into some continuity. He throws all of his moods into production without self editing. I wish he could pick like 3 looks...build on them and that is is...someone force him to FOCUS.

Very well put, marrimoda. While to some degree the all-over-the place presentation fits the "urban melting pot" theme he loves so much, it really diminishes your experience of a collection. Plus it's commercial poison; retailers much come out of show like this completely baffled as to how best to buy it. He was indeed sorely in need of a good editor.

Hm. I didn't mind the longwindedness. I'm sure it was overwhelming for buyers, but it's not everyone's style to be concise and well edited. Admist the long parade, there were some really great clothes, and I think that makes up for the mistake he made of making it too long for some people. It is a business, after all, but if people can't make personal decisions about how to present a show, even if they are wrong to others, then how much meaning does it have, anyway?

hm i like some of it..actually after viewing his 2001 collection i'm seeing this in a new light...i like the all plaid outfit and the first outfit cerfas posted...he's like an alternative americana to the ralph laurens etc.--running parallel to them-there is something very clean and pleasing about it--but the concepts are not as simple which makes it interesting...and the casting is definately a strength. where did he present this collection? how many looks were in it?

Strawbutter
I like your take on his aesthetic
The collection was presented in New York, and style.com shows 98 looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"