Milan Men's F/W 2004

It's a men's collection, what do you people expect? We all know what Dolce is about, and they delivered! Get over it...

:buzz: wow, thanks for the topic ebowleg :heart: :flower:

what can i say, it's very dolceVita, very cute coming from D&G, quite wearable, 'commercial' and quite less kitch than usual, not bad at all for their standards.
i find the mood of the collection modern and somehow influenced by Prada's - Milano current nostalgic atmosphere. Late 50's and early sixties are a cool refference for next season

:blush: needless to add i NEED to have the "Marcello come here" T-shirt :heart: .

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jan 11th, 2004 - 7:41 pm
It's a men's collection, what do you people expect?
sorry but i completely gagged when i read that

menswear DOESNT equal boring......wait till you see my collection (when its finished) you'll never think of menswear the same again

This collection smacks of desperation imho :yuk:

autumn/winter 03/04 was far far better than this ' warmed-over 50's tat ' :sick:

Regards KIT :innocent:

PS B)

I went to Paris for the first time in the late 50s and saw ' La Dolce Vita ' in a cinema on the Champs Elysees . It was when ,as a young British naif in fashion , I fell in love with French and continental style , with walks down Avenue Montaigne etc.

I can assure you that this ' travesty ' of a collection cannot hold a candle to the actual clothes of the period .

LENA :flower: , you are right in saying that Miuccia can do ' retro 50s and 60s ' but Domenico and Stefano just cannot , on the evidence here !

I have one thing to point out ! JUST IMAGINE DAVID AND VICTORIA BECKHAM IN THESE CLOTHES !!!

Can you see my point ?

Regards KIT :yuk:

well for D&G its ntot o bad or tacky :rolleyes:

I actually really liek the wolf shirt :shock:

I think, like most men's houses in Milan, Dolce & Gabbana are going simple and commercial. While the show was charming (Dolce Vita), I didn't find the clothes. Way too simple and it seems it came from different fashion houses (except for a few pieces).

Thanks anyways for posting. :flower:

It seems pretty safe and commercial, I agree.

But I actually like it and find most of it very wearable.

And it sure is a step forward from the Beckham T-shirt!

D & G will probably be a little more daring and fun...

Originally posted by kit@Jan 11th, 2004 - 3:16 pm
PS B)

I went to Paris for the first time in the late 50s and saw ' La Dolce Vita ' in a cinema on the Champs Elysees . It was when ,as a young British naif in fashion , I fell in love with French and continental style , with walks down Avenue Montaigne etc.

I can assure you that this ' travesty ' of a collection cannot hold a candle to the actual clothes of the period .

LENA :flower: , you are right in saying that Miuccia can do ' retro 50s and 60s ' but Domenico and Stefano just cannot , on the evidence here !

I have one thing to point out ! JUST IMAGINE DAVID AND VICTORIA BECKHAM IN THESE CLOTHES !!!

Can you see my point ?

Regards KIT :yuk:
well said...*applauds*

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jan 11th, 2004 - 2:41 pm
It's a men's collection, what do you people expect? We all know what Dolce is about, and they delivered! Get over it...
in today's fashion world, the big name designers have to do something besides put their standard looks on a runway, because in about three weeks, stores like express men, zara, and others will have copies of all of these typical looks and those true male fashionistas will have no reason to go out and shop dolce. which is a shame because all of us fashion people know deep down we have a place in our hearts for dolce and would splurge on something seasonally dolce if they just gave us something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->