Minnetonka Moccasins

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
I just bought these mocassins for spring. They have a soft sole.. I was really set on wearing them out , but I'm afraid they'll get nasty and fall apart! A search on Google found me one review from Zappos.com where a woman said she has worn them in all weather without a problem.

Any comments? Experiences? :flower:

Why not ask Minnetonka Moccasins if they are made for wearing out of doors? :wink:

i had those exact moccassins when i was in high school...i wore them all the time...yes, they will eventually wear out and i wouldn't recommend wearing them in any kind of wet weather or long walks outdoors, but i wore them to school ALL the time and had no problem...they are the comfiest things...you'll love 'em...i also wore REAL ballet slippers all the time back then...same thing...enjoy! :flower:

i wore them on my first day in 6th grade in secondary school.. along with my ugliest outfit ever. a denim shirt and long skirt... wetsern style :sick: :lol: :ninja:

i would wear them as slippers now if i had to B)

I have the short soft-soled concha boots. I only recommend wearing them outside for short periods of time or when you won't be walking alot and only on dry days...and you definitely will still want to watch where you step! You won't want to wear them outside extensively anyway, since you can feel everything you step on (rocks, for example) through the thin sole (there is a little bit of insole padding, about the thickness of a Dr. Scholls insert). And obviously they get dirty easily so avoid walking across dirt, sand, dust, etc. All these tips apply to indoors as well as out.

They make 'em with hard soles, but I think those look kind of...like, nurse shoes or eldery people's "comfort walkers" or something. The hard sole ruins the slim profile of the moccasins.

Im not feeling those shoes...but the soles look really soft so im guessing they will definitely wear out at the bottom. :flower:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 13th, 2004 - 2:49 pm
i wore them on my first day in 6th grade in secondary school.. along with my ugliest outfit ever. a denim shirt and long skirt... wetsern style :sick: :lol: :ninja:

:lol: I wore these when I was younger too. I had a brown pair, a white pair, and of course, a pink pair!

I know these are sort of coming in style, but I am not too fond of them now. Especially when my mom use to make me wear them :ninja:

If I were you I would take them to a shoe guy and have them put on a very slim,flat rubber sole. Then you won't have to worry.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
If I were you I would take them to a shoe guy and have them put on a very slim,flat rubber sole. Then you won't have to worry.
Good idea!
I wouldn't recommend wearing soft soled suede outdoors... either get something with a sole or get a sole put on the ones you've got.

I really wanna get them!! I'm just really paranoid about getting shoes online.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:39 pm
That's an awesome idea!! :woot: Although I don't think they'll get really worn out being worn on the tile in my school, the sole would keep them from looking nasty and dirty. Plus, I wouldn't be constantly paranoid about them.

Softgrey, I wanted ballet slippers (real ones) in the worst way, but when my mom went to the dance store to get them for me for Christmas, the saleslady scoffed at her and told her that the the slippers would fall apart the minute I wore them out. :cry:

yeah yeah yeah... they told me that too...ballet slippers cost what?...$20?.....so wear them out and then buy a new pair...i used to wear rainy weather or showy waether boots to school and then change once i got to my locker...

the mocassins will also be fine...the suede on the sole naturally develops a shiny texture which becomes the 'sole' of the shoe...

the best part about both these shoes is that, because they have no sole, the leather/suede has the freedom to stretch exactly to the shape of your foot (a rubber/plastic sole will inhibit this)...this is what makes them such a joy to wear...it's truly the next best thing to being barefoot...like little leather/suede socks....i used to just skip and dance through the hall of my school... :flower:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 13th, 2004 - 7:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Leyla I nearly died laughing when I read that. That is too funny!

I SO adore these shoes. Though I don't know where to buy them if you, like in my case, live outside of the US (I live in Denmark). I would be pleased if anyone could tell me where to buy these beauties.

they are by minnetonka...try googling for a website... :flower:

Hehe, Minnetonka is right near where I live so we have huge selections except I don't think I could go for a pair of shoes everyones' dads wear. :shock:

Originally posted by FashionVixen@Mar 23rd, 2004 - 4:21 pm
Hehe, Minnetonka is right near where I live so we have huge selections except I don't think I could go for a pair of shoes everyones' dads wear. :shock:
eee...i wouldn't want to see anyone's dad in mocassins... :doh: :P

I would never wear the sof sole outside. They make them with a outdoor sole too. buy those to wear otside. I love moccasins. they are comfortable and cute :smile:

Thats funny I was looking up the Minnetonka knee highs right before I saw this thread. I'm thinking about getting them in black. But I can already imagine the Pochahontas comments I'll be getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->