Missy Elliott Designs

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Lena, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:woot: MissyE is jumping on the trend with an Adidas contract. I have a soft spot for her music & brave personal style, so i dont really mind her cashing in the Adidas euros :p

extracts from a wwd article :flower:

2. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I, too, have a soft-spot for Missy E. :p I have a gut feeling hers will be different from the rest (she is a smart lady and Adidas will be supervising, I'm sure), though if it is quite the opposite I'd ignore. :sick:

Ashanti? :shock: :doh:

Thanks Lena! :flower:

3. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Active Member

I agree. I don't expect it to be some shitty j.lo esque line. I am actually excited about it (but not about the rest!).

4. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

Her style is able to be liked :flower: They'll be nice most likely B)

5. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

thx for posting the article lena... :flower:

6. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Well,I suppose if everybloody celeb is going to design something of a line,why not Missy?

7. faust

faust New Member

I am personally waiting for the signature bra line by Janet Jackson (I think they'll save 50% on the cost of fabric)!

8. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

Missy designing eh?! Good for her. I love everyone of her music videos, she is so original so I look forward to seeing what she comes up with. :heart:

9. ebowleg

ebowleg New Member

I think Missy is one of the few rapper turned fashion designers that will be worth taking a second look at...She has had HUGE ties with Adidas for many years, so good for her! :flower:

10. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

the line is named Respect M.E. (i find this very clever), here some photos from Missy's adidas project

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sounds quite cool, love her insisting for the xxl sizes :heart:

article and photos from wwd :flower:

11. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Thanks Lena. :flower: I like the name and find it real clever, too. I also love the fact she wants to accomodate larger-sized women. :flower:

12. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I think it may be okay because it's doubtful Adidas will let her put "Missy" on everything. We'll see...

13. Softee

Softee New Member

As long as they don't start selling garbage bags with Adidas label on it, i'm cool with the idea... We'll see. B)

14. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

those are great designs unfortunately i dont think they are designs coz we've seen them before!

15. Amélie

Amélie New Member

oh and she's accomodating for larger sizes as well...i love the missy "misdameanor on the floor" elliott!!

16. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

there couldnt have been a better collaboration than ADIDAS/MISSY!!!
    she is an excellent representant and she would be a brilliant designer. the larger size idea is also smartness that noone has thought of before! :heart: :woot: :flower:

17. pennyfei

pennyfei Member

ALL these celcbirties in the music industry are doing the same thing! 50 cent and Jay-Z with Reebok, Hilary Duff has her own line now, Gwen Stefani with her L.A.M.B (which i thought was L.A.M.E) and now Missy with Adidas!
    Is this market such lucrative that anyone can come in and have a try?

18. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

it certainly shows that music stars can influence shopping attitude, i also think MissyE is quite on a different level form the rest pennyfrei ;)

main problem with Gwen's (and other's) line is that those people dont even wear their 'designs' themselves.. they should try and push their 'design' work harder e.g. wearing them on star events etc :ninja:

19. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

The smartest thing she did was the plus size thing meanwhile i think it wont be hard for her to wear her stuff i mean its adidas!!

20. agirlcalledk1ll

agirlcalledk1ll New Member

gwen stefani wears her designs all the time.

the problem is that some of what she's seen in was either early samples that they decided not to produce, or made especially for her. but she can still be seen in the items that are available, occasionally.

she's worn numerous l.a.m.b items, or what have you to events...(i.e. the grammys...) ... but unlike a lot of the 'celebrity-turned designers', she's been designing her own clothing since she was young, so it only seemed a bit natural for her to do a line. however, i don't think it's as great as it COULD have been. i do love the tees though + the hoodie i have. (and yes, i'm a no doubt fan...+ i just adore the fact that nd lyrics are infused into the clothing.) but, i've been making my own clothing for some years now + it doesn't mean i'll have a clothing line out. haha it's all about the big name.

aw, back on topic......i love those shoes/sneakers/boots in the first pic posted. i wonder if those will be available. i'm interested in seeing her line. i do like the name, as well.