Miu Miu S/S 2019 Paris

Except for the croc-embossed coats and some knitwear, that was a tacky mess!

It was painful to watch...really.
The styling was borderline vulgar.

The hair and make-up was a trainwreck...

I can’t believe that Miuccia let Katie Grand use MiuMiu as her playground.

That was terrible... And what’s going on with the last look?

I’m sorry but if some of those looks came from a man designer, he would have been criticized for being misogynistic.

And that’s tacky denim! Oh god, I can’t...
Impossible to believe that the same person who presented Prada one week ago dared to present this!

Considering the mess done the past seasons, I was delighted to see the collection until... the "Grimes" hair. The person who suggested that and the hairstylist who did it should stop working from now on.

Miu Miu is a lost cause until Katie will be out - thankfully soon...

I actually find this better than the Prada collection she showed earlier, at least from the perspective of the sharp outerwear and jackets, the shoes and even the draping in non-precious fabrics feels fresh to me.

My personal concern is that Prada and Miu Miu have somehow lost a clear differentiation to me. Back in the early 2000s you could clearly say that Miu Miu was the younger sister of Prada, both in terms of the person that these clothes were meant to be worn by but also the price point. It wasn't just a 'diffusion line Prada' like D&G or Just Cavalli were and that made Miu Miu feel cooler than any of these lines. That being said, I don't really see the need for two collections today if they have come so close together in terms of the price.

One word: Vulgar. Horrible styling (and casting too, I assume) by Katie Grand.

Ugh. When will the horrible socks + shoes combo end at Prada/Miu Miu?

Tbh for me this is the best Miu miu collection styled by Katie, but i can imagine how amazing this collection would be if Rizzo styled it.

Horrible.
The whole collection is terrible.
And nothing desiderable. I bought few Miu Miu items, damn, the tailoring was/ is so bad, not wearble,

This label needs to be renamed "Meh-Meh".
Boring basics, some embellishments and a few ugly prints here and there...just the opposite of what Miu-Miu was in the 90s.

It looks cheap and messy. I miss the good old collections. No comments about the cast...

Homely looking and very passé...I only liked that cropped knit sweater paired with the sheer pencil skirt. It's truly depressing to see such a bad show being presented under the Miu Miu label, this show used to be the cherry on top of PFW and it is now a constant reminder of the sad state of affairs in fashion. I loved the lighthearted yet trendsetting approach to fashion of this brand, always the best shoes and accesories and it's now all gone...the clothes are tacky, awfully styled, the girls look miserable.

Rizzo would have never allowed that awful hair come down the runway, he has done the greasy hair but even that had a certain sense of theatricality behind it, this is just ugly for ugly's sake and it kills off any allure this show had going on for it. The denim is just disgusting when you consider this is the same designer behind Miu MIu S/S 13, the best denim-centered show I've seen.

P.S: The fact that a male designer would or should be criticized for presenting tacky mini-dresses seems so absurd and illogical to me, not to say very condescending towards woman...what has this world come to?

I loved it. It was fabulous! What sold me was the cinematic quality. There was a a story going on here. It looked very Japanese and very young. The attitude was something new from Miu Miu. It was disheveled but it remained glamorous and youthful throughout. I loved look 13, it was one of the best in the show. The little jumpers were cute and those big babydoll dresses were fun and playful. The leather coats were divine, especially the pink one. I love how the Denim looks were made to look like they were put on backwards. This is how you combine sophistication and youth with the Miuccia edge. She wins this season without a doubt!

I really didn't mind this as much as others here.. I mean we've seen so much worse at Miu Miu over the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->