9fDdB6Rt.jpg
LQ5uRZ9q.jpg
wITxzSsd.jpg
17nCJNis.jpg
UqIZJSN5.jpg
hqwxZeEX.jpg

miumiu.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^Agree. I can't stop thinking how much better this would have looked with someone else..

These look like your regular "fashion" blogger's Instagram posts.

I don't understand Prada in MiuMiu these days.
MiuMiu has always been about the young and fresh new actress. They had good campaigns and good celebrities (Liputa and others).
Why doing something with a rather unknown-daughter of a model-It Girl.

Prada & MiuMiu celebrities's choices are as annoying as those of Dior.

I don't understand Prada in MiuMiu these days.
MiuMiu has always been about the young and fresh new actress. They had good campaigns and good celebrities (Liputa and others).
Why doing something with a rather unknown-daughter of a model-It Girl.

Prada & MiuMiu celebrities's choices are as annoying as those of Dior.

I agree! Miu Miu used to be my favourite brand, beside of the clothes I always loved that they used great and beautiful actresses and Models in their campaigns, I hate that they are following the instagirl-Trend now. :angry:

Not really an ad campaign though, more like a promotional film for social media and some images to go along with it.

Do you guys find this appropriate?

She's not even 15 and this has very strong sexual undertones.
Obviously Lolita comes to mind.

But what they write in their website really made me uncomfortable:

With her butterfly lenses set into golden frames and dressed in precious pieces from the Miu Miu archive, fresh-faced Kaia Gerber perfectly encapsulates the maverick femininity of the Miu Miu girl. She is seen living out of time and place in an unidentifiable desert oasis.

She awakens alone although evidence of nocturnal escapades suggests that isn’t always her way. She shakes off the remnants of sleep before plunging into a pool the surface of which shimmers with dappled sunlight. From there she emerges radiating youth, confidence and the playful spirit that lies at the heart of the Miu Miu name.

Am I being naïve? What do you think?

Not only do I dislike it. I find it intellectually insipid.

This is exactly what you produce if you are targeting teens For that I think they did an amazing casting and applaud for not overly producing the whole thing Kaia is rocking the commercial like she always could do

Do you guys find this appropriate?

She's not even 15 and this has very strong sexual undertones.
Obviously Lolita comes to mind.

But what they write in their website really made me uncomfortable:

Am I being naïve? What do you think?

Not only Lolita, but also Mini's First Time and American Beauty. Like it's from the vantage point of some middle-aged man with an unhealthy obsession for teen gals. When I looked at the images yesterday I didn't think much of it, but in the video campaign the subtexts are much more evident. The red nails, ice lolly, swimsuit....

I'm guessing only the shots with the glasses will make it to print.

It really does look like someone's Instagram.

I agree that it gives off a creepy Lolita vibe. She's even wearing a man's shirt in one of the shots. :o

It looks like pictures of a pretty 13 year old girl who can't model taken by her friend on an iPhone and edited with instagram. Dolce and Gabbana ' s stuff looks less amateur than this...

Pretty.. the video especially
for the shades

-would love to know which years the clothes are from!

there are more photos of the pool than her... sadly, I dislike it... I think she is extremely beautiful but lacks skills for such a big campaign... I know Miu Miu is ''the young'' brand but she seems far to young even for that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->