MIU MIU store in Los Angeles closed.

marcj

Reaction score
Today after 6, the Miu Miu store on Melrose ave. in Los Angeles will be closing. According to the staff, this news came as a shock, but they were told that they will re-open in the future, but with no idea about when and where. Most of the staff has transferred to Prada. The store is the only Miu Miu store in the United States to carry the men's line. This came as really sad news to me, as I have had a long-term relationship with the brand, store, and staff. Anyways, it would be really interesting to hear people's thoughts on this as the closing seems to be more of a financial motive (this location doesn't nearly compete with the Soho store).

Damn LA is the luxury market hurting that bad in America I thought the market was on the way back up.

What, really? Thats so strange, I always thought they did well. May be they are planning some thing.

Well, is Miu Miu that much of a power-brand, like Prada and Chanel? Im not that shocked, now if Chanel's were closing Id be SHOCKED.

Also, is LA really a Miu Miu area? I can definately see NYC, but LA? It seems more Prada if they were going for that irreverent look.

Yes I think Miu Miu works very well in LA, and the store was much bigger than the NY store and as marc said sold the men's line

I have been there for once. It seems to be a very nice store to me. The staff were also quite friendly. Maybe it's because that's early in the season, they hadn't received much of the new stock yet, and probably also because they intentionally keep the store looking spacious without being cramped, I just didn't see much merchandise (particularly the mens stuff) on display and the entire store looked quite empty to me.

Is there any place outside NYC and LA where we can find miu miu for men? My impression of mens miu miu at Barneys in NYC is pretty terrible. I could hardly find anything that's not boring and plain-looking on their miu miu's rack. Don't know if it's because I always went there at the wrong time of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->