Miuccia Prada - Designer, Creative Director of Prada & Miu Miu

Such a stylish and eloquent woman :heart: I love the fact that the clothes look awesome on both her AND the models :lol:
Always an amazing designer, always thoughtful, always well spoken...

New book about Miuccia, apparently. Italian tFSers, start translating!
Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Prada And Were Too Uncool To Ask: The Unauthorized Biography

Young, radical Miuccia showing up at Milan's peace demonstrations and marches for women's rights during the early 1970s wearing YSL, then proceeding to wash the dishes after a communal dinner with her comrades.
Young Miuccia showing up at a trade fair to check the bags created by tall, funny-looking Tuscan dude: "You're ripping off my bags", she tells her future husband Patrizio Bertelli.
Miuccia the opera lover still singing for her closest friends her favorite arias from her favorite opera, "Tosca".
Miuccia choosing the most radical architects to design her stores, because she can. Maybe the stores eventually are so unique that the clothes are neither that visible nor well-lit, because maybe the stores end up looking more like art galleries? It's OK. Because she can.
Miuccia choosing the coolest photographers, so what if the clothes aren't that visible in the ads? The images are striking and memorable and that's what counts.
Miuccia the art lover who created a big Foundation to promote modern art that quickly became one of Europe's leading cultural centers.
Miuccia and Patrizio making some funny business choices, getting badly burned by the post 9/11 downturn, getting a huge load of debt to finance their revolutionary company and keep it afloat in very unrevolutionary times.
Miuccia's husband Patrizio smashing the mirrors in Miu Miu's NYC store "because they make everybody look fat". Patrizio who acquires the House of Fendi and plans to immediately fire its creative director, Karl Lagerfeld.
This and much, much more is in Gian Luigi Paracchini's "Vita Prada", (Prada life, published in Italy by Baldini Castoldi Dalai), the unauthorized biography of Miuccia and the history of her rise to power, that came out in Italy just before Xmas and became a sudden best-seller and the book everybody's in the fashion business here is talking about.
A special correspondent for Italy's largest daily newspaper, Corriere della Sera, Paracchini put an impressive amount of research in the book, after covering the fashion business for 12 years in Corriere's pages. It's a wonderful book -- and it's even more wonderful what Miuccia Prada herself had to say about the unauthorized best-seller with the usual ballsiness and sense of humor: "I don't think I'm as big a b*tch as you think, but I had fun reading it".
Source: OperaChic

"I don't think I'm as big a b*tch as you think, but I had fun reading it"

So Miuccia :lol: I'd love to get the book so much, it would be wonderful if they translated it!

Does anybody know if there's any photo of Miuccia in the finale of F/W 10 Menswear show? I'm dying to see her outfit!

Miuccia with Lady Gaga at the Met Gala

x2142e4d0.jpg

twitter/jimshi809

Anyone know where on the internet I could find something about 1990's and later Prada's collection?

Patrizio who acquires the House of Fendi and plans to immediately fire its creative director, Karl Lagerfeld.

A very good reason to start liking Patrizio.

^OMG! how fresh is this news ?
i actually think Karl's decent at Fendi, and hes been there 40 years (he started in 1965)

^According to laughead's source OperaChic, the article was from Jan. 4, 2010. So hopefully Patrizio will make this a reality.

But if Fendi is a strong seller with Lagerfeld as the creative director, would it be a wise business decision to get rid of him? Even if Patrizio despised Lagerfeld, as a business decision, firing him would be a bad move.

I never understood the praise for Lagerfeld. His designs always looks so disposable. I understand his style is disposable fashion for the rich, but it always comes across to me as if he designed everything in a rush. If the label on these garments didn't read "CHANEL" or "FENDI", I wonder if they would be so coveted...?

I think that the article was actually referring to when Prada owned Controlling interest in Fendi years ago before they sold the shares.

sxDhz.jpg

Miuccia Prada, for her general effort and pioneering role in the relationship between art, architecture and fashion, will be honored with the prestigious McKim Medal, funded by the American Academy in Rome in 2005 as an award to those figures who represent, by virtue of their jobs and their own experience, a creative and intellectual exchange between arts
and studies, languages and cultures.

Previous recipients include crucial figures of culture and ideas like Renzo Piano, Cy Twombly, Umberto Eco, Franco Zeffirelli and Ennio Morricone. The awarding of the McKim Medal will be presented by Robert Storr, Dean of the Yale School of Art, painter, writer editor, art historian, critic and professor.

The ceremony will take place in the evening of May 26th, during a big benefit lunch for 400 guests, with Valentina Moncada di Paternò as chairman and with the presence of USA embassador Reginald Bartholomew. The location chosen for the event is Villa Aurelia, an amazing baroque building located on the highest part of the Gianicolo, in Roman walls, a property of the American Academy.
vogue.it

How exciting, she certainly does deserve it so much plus I can't wait to see what she'll wear ^_^ Oh, and I love her in this Miu Miu dress in the shot with GaGa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->