Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

Social change, I'd like to know what that means (making it OK to name children after points of the compass??) ... but positive body image, I can see an argument there.

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Who does Adwoa think she is to run her mouth like that? Her entire career in the fashion industry is built on connections, not actual talent. She's basically like a black Cara/Georgia. Running a little pet blog doesn't put you above the rest. Hate to defend Kim, or agree with Winnie (who's a rather despicable character herself), but the one thing Kim deserved was that Influencer award. Whether her influence was good or bad may be an entirely different conversation.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

I was waiting for someone to write this.

4. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

I do not see how encouraging people to look grotesque through plastic surgery is a good development in body positivity.

5. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Active Member

But that's how you view them; it may not be the same for everyone. I mean even Hitler had his legions of fans.

6. Runabout

Runabout Member

Unfortunately I have to agree with Doutzen on the Vogue part (although it's actually one of the comments she liked, not what she wrote). I feel like fashion media tend to excessively put her and family in the spotlight to the point that it's kinda tiring and annoying.

This is exactly what summed up my problem with Vogue somehow, combined with me hating the insta-models due to overexposure. It's just that the media kept thinking they're the only ones who set trends.

And yes, Adwoa is a surprise. I basically didn't expect her to have the same mind as Doutzen although she literally wrote a comment of hers towards Winnie I believe, especially looking at the background check that she's actually one of those models.

7. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

Oh I completley forgot about that. Can't believe these women are insanely beautiful, they work for the best brands and they get plastic surgery. Like, you are already doing something right, there's no need for that. :shock:

Whatever floats their boat, I guess ...

8. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

Winny Harlow is so desperate and an attention wh*re.
    Adowa is probably the worst recent model I've seen. Terrible walk and same face in every editorial/cover she's in.

9. lelaid

lelaid Active Member

Tbh nobody is a winner in this, Adwoa is successful due to nepotism, Winnie is just an obnoxious fame whore and as for Kim, well, I'm just not even getting into that. Tbh the only person involved who's opinion I respect it Doutzen because she actually had to work for it.

10. Nomar

Nomar Active Member

Bravo Doutzen!!!

Not really a fan of Adwoa but I think it's great that she publicly spoke out about this.

11. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

At the end of the day Kim just got a woman released from prison... what has Adwoa done that's so important? I'm sorry but looking 'unconventionally' beautiful doesn't make you God.

12. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

13. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Active Member

If I could give you more karma I would.

14. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

Looks like Naomi Campbell is getting a lot of backlash from fans over her tribute post to XXXtentacion on Instagram.

I do find it really bizarre that she has activist written in her bio but then pays tribute to a guy who at only 20 years old had caused so much pain and injury on people ie his pregnant girlfriend and many others.

It's sad that a 20 year old was murdered, there's no doubt about that, but to portray him as some kind of hero is awful. He may have started to turn his life around but there's no doubt the guy was definitely a monster.

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Vogue's continued obsession with laziest and probably most loathed Instagirl comes in the form some flimsy little article about her 'return' to the catwalk. At this stage I wish Kendall would just pull her weight and walk more shows, do more campaigns, shoot more covers. That way she could actually back up all the fawning she gets.

16. Armani

Armani Moderator

This tea is scalding hot... :innocent:

Saw Yasmin and Vitto post, either on their story or on their profile, about him too. And Alanna Arrington, on Twitter. Also, Bella Hadid posted and deleted a broken heart emoji immediately after the news of his death.

(offtopic, but I feel like this needs to be shared)

In no way did I ever wish death upon him, nor would I ever wish death on anyone. But in no way would I ever justify his abuse, or disconnect his actions from his music, regardless of his death. Ever. (To those that don't know who XXXTentacion is, or what he did, read this article. the article includes graphic details of abuse, assault, and homophobia: http://www.miaminewtimes.com/music/the-real-story-of-rapper-xxxtentacion-10410980)

That being said, this is the GoFundMe link to pay for X's ex-girlfriend's eye surgery that she needs after he assaulted her. She's past her goal, but states in her message that she also could use money towards her living condition and food. the gofundme includes a graphic photo of her eye after the hit: https://www.gofundme.com/2ubv19w

17. squilliam

squilliam Member

There's this one quote from a TV show "dying doesn't make someone a saint"
    Usually when someone dies all the bad stuff about them is suddenly forgotten and everyone remembers the good about them. So I get people's reaction to this person's passing, but he seemed so awful that there's little good to remember. But like anyone doing something remotely artistic, if people like the person's stuff enough they'll ignore most of the bad stuff that person does.

18. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

Magdalena Frackowiak got into some altercation with flight crew on a Lufthansa flight according to her Instastory. Would love to know the reason behind it but apparently even the pilot had to come down and confront her about her behaviour (whatever that was...)

19. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

^I didn't even bother listening to her stories :lol:
    It went pretty far if that's the case...

20. Elite13

Elite13 Well-Known Member

She just said that she had a disagreement with the air hostess over something who told the pilot. The pilot then wouldn't listen to Magdalena's side of the story and threatened to kick her off the flight in front of everyone. Who knows what truly happened though..