Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

1. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

I'm all for Vogue using their platform to boost political engagement and dialogue, but the method could do with some streamlining.

2. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what happened?

3. Armani

Armani Moderator

A paparazzi is suing her for posting a candid of herself on her profile. Instagram has been very restrictive on candid photos recently, taking down huge fanpages and deleting viral videos because they’re owned by another source. Khloe Kardashian was recently sued for posting a pap pic of herself as well...

Comments:

@angelcandices:
    Couldn’t have written it better!

@gisele: That’s right !

@cocorocha: Love you @gigihadid. In my opinion, anytime someone takes your photo - without your written consent or any binding legal agreement - the default should be that you and the photographer have now “collaborated” and you have as much right to own and use that image and dictate its use as the person taking it (if not more). Your image is your brand, it’s the entire DNA of your business. You spent years developing this image, they spent 2 seconds clicking a button. The current status quo makes no sense.
    Reply by @gigihadid: couldn’t agree more Coco! I will fight to change this. Both parties should have rights. Period. ps love u too

@bellahadid: Well said sister ! Thank you

@emrata: Yesss thank you
    Reply by @shaninamshaik: it’s outrageous they make cash of our pics and they must get paid again.

@sarasampaio: Yessss! So true!!!! Can’t understand how it’s legal for them to take a photo you without consent, but then you can’t use that same pic without their consent! Crazyyyy

@lamekafox: I respect you so much for posting this. Safety is the top priority and you should be able to live your life without the stress and worry of being followed for a picture let alone legally perused because of this. There need to be stricter laws regarding the safety of those in the public eye being followed by photographers. I don’t experience this in the same degree as many of my peers but there are times leaving events/shows where the energy behind multiple photographers outside with flash in your face. I have someone who has harassed me daily on social media and through my private means of communication and I have no idea who this person is or what they look like. They can easily be the person behind the camera following me to my car or to an event and it gives me so much anxiety. No one deserves to have their privacy violated like that.

@kortajarenajon: So true

@stefaniegiesinger: Amen

@mayastepper: Yessss! Speak up!

@meghanroche: You are a QUEEN

@winnieharlow: Well said baby girl! Amen

@mckennahellam: Well said sending you love always x

#883 Armani, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I actually cannot stand Heidi Klum because like Karl said, 'she was never in Paris', lol, BUT, she's one classy lady! So many models can take a leaf out of her book on how to respond with grace. Plus she's brutally honest about it as well.

5. Morgane07

Morgane07 Active Member

It would actually be funny if paparazzi decided to stop papping Gigi Hadid; I bet you she wouldn't be happy about that because she greatly benefits from it. I am surprised at her reaction. She has always greatly courted paparazzi since the very start. I don't even remember a celeb courting paps as much as she has if we exclude the Kardashians. Her mum, brother or friends always walk a few meters behind her when she gets out of her flat, so paps can get a clear shot, and articles can give the links to all the stuff she's wearing, so I just don't understand what she's talking about when she's referring to anxiety and emotional distress.
    Paps and some celebs, particularly the Hadids or Kardashians, enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship, but paparazzi do not work for them; their work/picture remain their property.

melissablu and Benn98 like this.
  6. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Kendall dragged for appropriation, again.

7. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but they're reaching here. And I hate Kendall and her family but this wasn't her idea, she's just doing her job.

8. Morgane07

Morgane07 Active Member

I don't know but I have the impression that Vogue/Jenners are using the cultural appropriation accusations as click bait, to draw attention, especially in that case. What backlash are they talking about? I have virtually seen no-one criticize this picture. Of course if you look long and hard you'll always find dumb accusations like the quoted ones - they only included 2 comments altogether, it'd have been so easy to ignore them. But I guess they're getting the attention they wanted. Controversy is the Kardashians bread and butter - where would they be without it?

gunsnroses and Runabout like this.
  9. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Well-Known Member

this is so dumb and not even appropriation. I'm black and i'd never even call that an afro

10. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

Even Diet Prada has come to the defence of KJ and said how it's a reference to Alla Nazimova and we all know how much DP likes to call out cultural appropriation.
    I feel like people who call this cultural appropriation or racist are actually inherently racist themselves because they're so focused on race rather than other references.

MagFan likes this.
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Yes! Alla Nazimova in Camille! :heart: Wow, look at Diet Prada! Who knew.........

12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Natalia Vodianova for The Independent:

13. sore

sore Well-Known Member

Not sure whether to laugh or cry about the Instagram = personality equation... :ninja:
    (Obviously this goes for the brands more than for Natalia.)

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Glad that he's outing Cindy! And he's making a lot of insightful comments, but the most impressive one was his response to combating sexual abuse - 'models must not leave school.' Therein lies so much of the truth because a lot is shaped by education!

The weight comments were omitted as it's not allowed on here. The article in its entirety can be read on WWD.

WWD.com

mikel likes this.
  15. modela

modela Active Member

So he never accepted a model under 16 ..

16. squilliam

squilliam Member

I think the Vogue politics lesson with Emily is supposed to be like Margot Robbie's bathtub scene in The Big Short where she gives an economis lesson. But that worked because Margot could pull it off, whereas this didn't because Emily is hard to take seriously and Vogue tries to hard to be cool.

gunsnroses and apple like this.
  17. xoxoadore

xoxoadore Member

gunsnroses, Morgane07 and Aizanara like this.
  18. Aizanara

Aizanara Well-Known Member

This type of behaviour is hypocritical. They are trying to say that women wearing face veils are not free and that they are forced to wear it (it happens, not gonna deny it but it's minority) and then impose their point of view about what freedom is.
    I'm not trying to take sides but this is hypocritical. You cannot force your culture on anyone because you are convinced that it is the right way of living. If it was the opposite, people would be shocked and angry.
    You can see freedom as you want but at the moment you try to force your way of thinking on anyone, you are crossing the line. You can be against someone's faith, but you have to respect it.

19. billiejbob

billiejbob Active Member

Iranian women don't even wear the niqab. That's generally an Arab or Sunni item. Conservative Iranian women wear the chador which doesn't cover the face. However the vast majority of Iranian women wear a very loose headscarf out of compulsion. So I get the sentiment they're going for because this idea of freedom to remove the veil would apply to most Iranian women (this is based on pretty much every conversation with every female I spoke to during two visits to Iran plus with all Iranian women I've met outside Iran who NEVER wear the hijab outside Iran) but the ad is very VERY poorly researched and executed...and frankly just poor taste for a fashion clothing brand.

Aizanara and Sailor like this.
  20. fashionkitten7

fashionkitten7 Active Member

Just watched the ad after reading the comments. I find it so insensetive and disrespectful to other cultures with all the things going on nowadays on the subject, that it's almost tacky.