Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

1. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Certainly not the first thing Bar has done without thinking about the consequences.

2. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Few things!

A lot of hate on cryotherapy, why? It works if you really work out a lot as recovery, and the result are scientifically proven. Don't know what Kelly Gale's mum is on about.

Quite a few of the girls tried the vampire facial. :shock: Gross!

Can someone please explain Duckie Thot's cryptic response?

Also Grace, you're doing the egg white mask wrong if it's not doing anything! Lol.

Fashionweekdaily.com

KateTheGreatest likes this.
  4. Runabout

Runabout Active Member

Tell me, is Shanina doing some name play game with her last name and Irina's? :D

5. Armani

Armani Moderator

So Winnie Harlow stated a couple months ago on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen that America’s Next Top Model did nothing for her career, and does nothing for any model’s career, furthermore saying it was Nick Knight who gave her the opportunities she now has. Then, a few days ago, Tyra responded on the same show, stating that she was the one who discovered Winnie on Instagram and that’s how it all got started for her.

Winnie has since responded to Tyra’s comment on a separate Instagram post, by posting the following messages:

6. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

i think there's Winnie's claims, Tyra's claims, and the truth. Yes, ANTM is a reality show made for entertainment which in no way reflects the fashion industry or is taken seriously. So in that respect, i get Winnie's point and Tyra's claim of 'discovering' her implies Tyra somehow has all these connections to legitimate clients and brands, which well we all know isn't the case. Still, without the exposure of ANTM it's doubtful Nick Knight would have just stumbled upon her... So yes the show is the reason she is where she is now, but only accidentally and not through some special effort on Tyra's behalf. God bless Winnie and all she represents, but i kind of feel like her personality isn't all that. Even though what she says isn't necessarily untrue, the general mood and attitude of Winnie in answering the question was hardly gracious.

Runabout, modela, sweetcaress and 2 others like this.
  7. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Winnie... You not lying.

EstefaniaAbaddon and tapenerd like this.
  8. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

Winnie must be thrilled for all the attention she's getting, she loves that. Hopefully she fade of this industry soon (and she will), she's a TERRIBLE model, just a trend of the moment. I don't get her "reality TV Stigma", just look at Leila's career, she's successful without being an attention wh*re and a hungry tiger as Miss Hilton used to say. Miss Harlow should be grateful because without Tyra she would be nothing TBH.

9. Nymphaea

Nymphaea Well-Known Member

'person of higher status'. :ermm: Going back in time.

10. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

It would appear Miranda's 'ex boyfriend' is costing the US taxpayer a lot of money, :lol:

[​IMG]

Nytimes.com
    Harper's Bazaar.com

11. Littleathquakes

Littleathquakes Well-Known Member

I'm not buying it. Fashion seems to be very anti-reality TV. ANTM, The Face, Project Runway...very few success stories contrary to the premise of the shows. She came into it late, too, so she knew it wasn't going to make her a top model, if at all. So for her to claim that there was a stigma to reality TV that she didn't know about until afterwards seems insincere to me.

12. orchidee

orchidee Active Member

Regardless of her being ungrateful or pretending like she didn't know the show placed reality TV over actual fashion, the real T is that Winnie is a decent model at best.

russianelf, Littleathquakes and Nomar like this.
  13. Runabout

Runabout Active Member

inb4 the Winnie Harlow drama it's between the fact that her remarks were controversial or that the stigma is real, but then I recall a couple of NTM contestants from overseas already made big. I know that after looking back at previous RTW seasons and following that tide the girls from ANTM do not have the same chance as those from the overseas counterparts, and it took long years for the show to provide a successful model in the big leagues (Leila). I'd say that IMO ANTM is the base stepping stone for the real modeling, like they'll provide some basics of the modeling stuffs and blahs blahs, but at the same time though editing and how it finally presented itself can be a take away and that the agencies might most likely not want to book a particular ex-contestant for reasons.

I just couldn't comprehend what to believe. Hell, I can't even comprehend Winnie. Therefore I still firmly believe Leila is the best.

14. Littleathquakes

I stopped watching ANTM after season 1 LOL. But I watched clips of Winnie...I don't know whether it was production editing or if that was who she truly was/is, but to add to her claim of not getting booked for jobs after the show, I can see why people avoided her.

15. ghostwriter10549

I understand where Winnie's coming from. If you compare with others reality shows ANTM is very shy in producing stars of any type. Look a Gigi, her carrer started at Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, like, ok that a lot of nepotism happened with her, but if you wanna use the "media exposure" card ANTM is a fail because, unfortunately, people don't take it serious the model business, and Tyra failed in trying to show people otherwise. People love models, but they dont think that is a real profession, they dont respect that, even the fashion industry does, because if they did Gemma Ward would not be around being treated like, idk, a rookie?

For example, RuPaul, he did something marvelous with the drag community, he really showed to the world the value of the drag culture and he build a real platform to his girls, I know that Im talking about totally different things, but still showbiz, so, Tyra... whats good??

Runabout and jorgepalomo like this.
  16. Littleathquakes

Just...why...I think the VS success has gotten into her head.

Source: NYDailyNews

17. ghostwriter10549

Hahahahaha. I bet that in her head she was thinking that she was doing some bad*ss activism against ultra processed food, but girl VS is not a place that you can be and thrown woke shades at the same time. What a stupid situation.

tapenerd, orchidee and cestmagique like this.
  18. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Oh honey, just because your work contract is beyond any moral and ethic understanding, it doesn't mean everyone else is a brainless sack.

Runabout and tapenerd like this.
  19. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

Yikes. All of that is so cringe worthy. :rolleyes:

tapenerd likes this.
  20. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

This looks pretty bad! not to mention the new anti-vaxxer 'boyfriend'!

"Ms Horwood also claims, according to the documents, that Ms Macpherson was “pressuring the board throughout 2018 concerning her financial situation” after separating from her former partner, American property billionaire Jeff Soffer."

Ms Horwood said in a statement she had regarded Ms Macpherson as a “close friend”.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/ell...se-friend-andrea-horwood-20181220-p50nho.html