Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

1. theBlueRider

theBlueRider Member

Julia Nobis and Lindsey Wixson started modeling and acquired a very loyal client base before the Instagram train. Unfortunately, models starting out today are required to have an account as clients and casting agents prefer to look at Polaroids and self-shot images on social media today. Some will not even consider inviting a model to a casting if they have no Instagram. Portfolios and editorials no longer have the same weight as they did before. This is especially true for the commercial and money clients.

Runabout, Nomar and Benn98 like this.
  2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

But most of the girls add loads of filters and whatnot onto those images, so what's the point? Lol.
    Sad state of affairs, to be honest.

3. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

Julia does not have any public Instagram account. There is a high-profile fake account (juliaobis) that has been reported many times that many members of the industry have fallen for and still follow. She does have a private account. hope anyone following that fake here unfollows and reports.

4. Armani

Armani Moderator

Sorry to diverge off-topic, but what’s Julia’s Instagram? Would love to follow. (Just in case, @juliaobis is a fanpage! Not sure what happened but they used to have "FP" in their bio.)

Obviously I wrote this reply before I finished reading the whole thread. Thanks @dsamg :) There seems to be quite a few fakes under her name, actually. I think, like Freja, regardless of being verified on Instagram, if a real account exists her agencies will tag her in posts and spread the word to clients.

5. dsamg

dsamg Well-Known Member

So basically every time they get reported they put FP in the bio so Instagram doesn't remove them, and then immediately take it out. I don't know what is wrong with people that they need to go to these lengths to impersonate people! She does have a private Insta that her friends like Hanne Gaby etc are following. Agree completely, I think it is safe to say that if their agency and friends are not following, it's a fake.

Benn98 and Armani like this.
  6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Hanaa Ben Abdesslem's husband appears to be a bit on the punchy side, that's if you can read past all the embarrassing typos!

You know how they say that those who torture animals may well go on to become serial killers? My THEORY is that if this bloke sees nothing wrong to let his fists do the talking on a stranger, what's to stop him from taking it out on his wife if she steps out of line?

[​IMG]

EXCLUSIVE: Vogue cover girl Hanaa Ben Abdesslem's new millionaire property tycoon husband is thug convicted of vicious assault at his brother's engagement party

• Hanaa Ben Abdesslem's husband Amerpal Lamba beat up a party-goer at his family's home in Barnet, North London
    • Lamba, 32, was given an 18-month jail sentence suspended for two years and fined £2,000 at Wood Green Crown Court
    • His wife was said to be 'close to tears' in court as she saw the evidence against her husband
    • Couple wed in a lavish two-day ceremony in her hometown of Nabeul, Tunisia, last summer
    • They met at Lake Como two years ago where Lamba told the model on their first date that she would be his wife
    By SHEKHAR BHATIA & VIVEK CHAUDHARY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 15:54 GMT, 16 January 2020 | UPDATED: 16:14 GMT, 16 January 2020

A Vogue cover girl is married to a millionaire property developer who was convicted of a vicious assault, MailOnline can reveal.

Hanaa Ben Abdesslem wed London millionaire property consultant Amerpal Lamba in a lavish two-day ceremony in her hometown of Nabeul, Tunisia last summer.

For the evening reception at the stunning La Badira hotel, Ms Ben Abdesslem wore a gown and veil made of real gold which took more than a year to make.

The glamorous couple live in London's exclusive Knightsbridge area, enjoying an extravagant lifestyle where they are regulars on the capital's social scene and frequently fly abroad for breaks.

She is also the first Muslim 'spokes model' for the French perfume and cosmetic house Lancôme.

She has also featured on the front cover of a number of high profile fashion magazines.

The couple were introduced at a charity event on Lake Como two years ago with Lamba telling her on their first date that she would be his wife.

Ms Ben Abdeseele, 29, was said to be 'close to hears' as she attended court to see her husband convicted of attacking a guest at his brother's engagement party.

His vicious assault at the Lamba family home in upmarket Hadley Wood, Barnet, North London, left a man in hospital requiring urgent treatment to his jaw and leaving him unable to eat properly for weeks.

The victim, Rajesh Tripathi suffered several chipped teeth and severe blood loss and told police he had never met Lamba before.

Lamba, 32, was given an 18-month prison sentence, suspended for two years last November at Wood Green Crown Court, North London, and ordered to pay property manager Mr Tripathi £2,000 in compensation.

Mr Tripathi, 38, told the court that he had a brief conversation at the bar and had offered Lamba a drink before being attacked by him.

Mr Tripathi told MailOnline from his Essex home that he was still recovering from the attack and receiving treatment, but declined to comment further.

A friend of the property manager said: 'This was a terrible attack that happened out of the blue.

'Raj was with his wife and they had been dancing and enjoying themselves when Lamba attacked him.

'Several people had to pull Lamba off who carried on hitting Raj even though he had blacked out.'

Lamba's family own the Smart Move property agency and have offices in Mayfair and Edmonton, North London.

Despite his conviction, Lamba's Muslim role model wife whose motto is 'work hard, dream big…and never give up' is helping him through his problems and the couple were seen out together this week in London.

She has dyed her hair red and was last week posting pictures from Verbier, Switzerland with the message 'My Love.'

Ms Ben Abdesslem might not be a household name in Britain but she is well known in her native Tunisia and the Middle East, where she shot to fame in 2007 after coming runner-up in the Lebanese version of Project Runway.

A successful career in the fashion industry has followed in the years since.

Speaking once to New York Magazine, Ms Ben Abdesslem - who does not smoke or drink alcohol - said she was determined to change the perceptions of modeling in Tunisia.

'People in Tunisia have this misconception of what modeling is about,' she said. 'Modeling can be a career choice, too. I plan to change this misconception within my culture.'

Recalling their meeting, Lamba told Vogue Arabia: 'We were introduced through our mutual friends and on our first date, I told her, 'You are going to be my wife'.'

The couple became engaged in March last year when Lamba popped the question on a snow-covered mountain in Switzerland.

Gushing over the proposal on Instagram, Ms Ben Abdesslem wrote: 'Out of all of my fingers, this one is now my favorite! It sure does have a ring to it… Never thought I could experience such joy until I met you.

'You have opened my heart to a new part of life, making it complete. I say yes to you my darling, I say yes to life, to an endless love. He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name!'

MailOnline has contacted Lamba for comment.

Daily Mail

mathiaskatz, MagFan and tapenerd like this.
  7. Runabout

Runabout Active Member

Even if cancel culture does work, it works in weird ways.

There's a hidden rule in this however: you need to have a famous parent. Nobody's gonna hype you if you're not born to a celebrity... This has been a pattern in the current climate.

8. Runabout

Runabout Active Member

...sometimes. That doesn't mean I say SBC being canceled isn't justified, because after reading about it again, it is justified.

And apparently I noticed that they're also the ones behind that Maasai workout back then, of which I've seen the post here a long time ago...