Model Behavior? [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Northern Star

Northern Star French Chic

^ You said it.
    She has always come across as quite 'flaky' to me, she just isn't very eloquent.....which in her line of work doesn't really matter I suppose, but there is the odd time when you will be asked questions on camera, and it would be better to not come off sounding so dumb/distracted.

2. alonsoJonathan

alonsoJonathan New Member

hmm i dont know. i seem Jessica really nice,n funny n trying to give a good interview.
    the reporter in the other hand. those question,i mean WTF. he is the one who did make a good interview IMO. Jessica was smiling,answering everything he ask(even tough those questions :ninja:)

3. petit fours

petit fours New Member

The interviewer was hilarious too...the "feeding the pigs" thing! :D

4. Vladita

Vladita New Member

Poor Jessica.. I think nerves kicked in. To be honest, I find her quite humble in that interview but she got short in spontaneity and eloquence.

5. DanceFashionista

DanceFashionista New Member

I thought she seemed fine. A little nervous yes, you'd think she would be used to the camera/questions by now, but she did look gorgeous.

6. iluvjeisa

iluvjeisa clever ain't wise

Someone's talking right in her ear when she's giving this interview. I think that she does a great job all things considered.

I hardly think a person's dumb because they can't focus when someone's screaming right next to them....She does a lot of the pretty girl things - licking her lips, whipping her eyelashes, smiling, flipping her hair....that never seems smart because that's just what those sexual signs are about - being sexual, not smart. However, since this is in conjunction with the VS shows that doesn't mean that she's really that silly....on the contrary, she strikes me as a smart girl who can adjust to the situation.

7. marsreyes

marsreyes New Member

You know, it is plausible that she really did not know how that spread came off as racist to others. Maybe all the models didn't realize that and now that a dumb interviewer asked her that question she was totally perplexed, like maybe she was thinking "what is he saying, i don't understand" that's why she couldn't answer intelligently. I bet many people, however smart they are, can't answer eloquently if questioned about something they didn't know about beforehand. :D It's mean of you to say Stam is stupid just because of this.

8. agee

agee Active Member

I can see why Jessica Stam was caught off-guard in the fashionista interview because (thankfully) that awful, attention-seeking editorial did not develop into a full-fledged controversy, so the premise of those questions was not valid. She is being asked about a "controversy" that was probably limited to fashion blogs and a few media outlets, I think that the "controversy" relating to Karlie Kloss' Vogue Italia ed got more traction. Re the second interview I am kinda mixed because it was the raw interview and in real life they would have only aired the most usable responses and only needed about 30 seconds of usable stuff, but at the same time I have seen uncut interview segments where the model, including ones who are non-native English speakers, have been much better spoken. Jessica is at the stage in her career where she and her management should be pursuing commercial gigs that may include spokesmodeling and she has got to do better than that. Does anyone know the deal with CoverGirl, was that just a campaign?

#508 agee, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by moderator wendla: Apr 9, 2012
  9. Fabulyss

Fabulyss New Member

Wow, that has to be one of the worst model interviewers ever. He was awful, and it should have been cut short.

10. LabelWhore4

LabelWhore4 New Member

Andrej Pejic Pisses Off Fans By Dropping the N-Bomb

[​IMG]
    Jezebel.com via ONTD

What a completely idiotic, thoughtless, and insensitive thing to say.

#510 LabelWhore4, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by moderator bringbacksupers: Apr 10, 2012
  11. fashionlover2001

fashionlover2001 Active Member

Love Match: Maurica I

^He must of been inspired by Mauricia; a transexual from the lower east side.:lol::rofl:

12. StoneSkipper

StoneSkipper Well-Known Member

Are people jumping on his throat because of a simple tweet? I know, I know, the connotations are insensitive and racist and bhsjbvdhjkgvyutg3wiygwhbnfjuvio but Lord, it's just a simple tweet. Maybe he didn't mesured his words well, happens all the time, maybe he didn't realized what he said (and people will nsay THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S INORANT AND STUPID AND RACIST AND HSUVBDIOYVFUIWQ). It was clearly just a joke. Why do people get their panties in a knot over everything?

If I found everything this offensive all the time, my mind would be lost. As would be anyone else's.

#512 StoneSkipper, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by moderator stephania: Apr 10, 2012
  13. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

I thought that the word typed/said like that doesn´t carry the same cultural meaning than properly typed/said...? like this way is more gangsta/hip hop...?
    I don´t know... my bf is latin, he has one black friend who´s always calling him "my n-gga" and the other way around, neither is never offended by it.

14. LabelWhore4

LabelWhore4 New Member

Thats the point. He used the term so casually without even considering how those who've had and still have a very painful relationship with the word feel about it. I don't like when anyone uses that word, and yes as a person of color i have every right to be offended and annoyed. Its never a joke imo! He didn't even apologize when one of his followers calmly explained why she was offended, he just ignored it. Like it was nothing. Says a lot about peoples warped perception of whats socially acceptable nowadays. I'm not amused.

15. pen6693

pen6693 New Member

Well being from the hood, lmfao, that word is used loosely and well it has no meaning.
    He's a different story, but I don't think the word was used in any bad way.

16. zacatecas570

zacatecas570 Well-Known Member

That was probably an honest mistake?? I don't know what to think
    Posted via Mobile Device

17. |BellaDonna|

|BellaDonna| Active Member

Yes the word is bad but he actually wasn't using it in a derogatory or racist way.

*shrug*

Now that other model who recently tweeted the N&^%s in Paris joke that was a bit offensive to me cos of the racist Mandingo stereotype associated with her 'joke'.

18. Vladita

Vladita New Member

Whatever his intention is, I say he should be more responsible and sensitive, specifically with his choice of words, in posting comments to social networks. I mean come on, he's a celebrity and he has like how many followers again. No offense meant but I'm geared towards thinking it's for "publicity only". I have this feeling that he knows people will react once he posts that "word". Couldn't explain it more..

19. EnModeArtiste

EnModeArtiste New Member

Ok I know it's totally out of subject but the interviewer's laugh made me fell out of my chair XD at 0:55

20. KateTheGreatest

KateTheGreatest Well-Known Member

^LoL at that laugh.

A few days ago I found out a co worker of mine worked with Valerija Kelava a few years ago - she went to school for designing clothes and Valerija was her model for the runway show and I apparently Valerija is really kind, nice and a bit quiet (just like I imagined she would be).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.