Model Casting F/W 06.07

..i think you all might be on to something. however, i think milagros schmoll should be on the list as well. she wasn't on it previously, was she?

I am hoping Carolina Sippel Ferriera would make it to the top 10 but she didn' t have a great season :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
gogopilgrim said:
I heard Laird from style.com consults theones2watch.com :innocent:

That would be cool! I bet ya they consult tFS as well for various reasons :P

The syle.com top 10 list is up... everyone was pretty much right...

00160m.jpg

Am Urashevska

In modeling, opening a Prada show is like receiving your college diploma. Anna Mariya, a 15-year-old whose cheekbones could slice a seamless backdrop, follows in fellow Muscovite Sasha Pivovarova's footsteps as Miuccia's chosen one. (Agency: IMG)

00010m.jpg

Behati Prinsloo

A Namibia-born pastor's daughter, 17-year-old Behati has already appeared in the spring Marc by Marc Jacobs campaign and in ads for H&M. But she'll know she's really made it when her big dream to meet Kate Moss comes true. (Agency: Supreme)

00130m.jpg

Bette Franke

Now 17, Bette was discovered three years ago shopping in Amsterdam with her mother. Exclusive to Jil Sander last season, this blue-eyed model with the unmistakable pout was seen on all the right fall runways, Chloé, Chanel, and Calvin included. (Agency: DNA)

00090m.jpg

Coco Rocha

Coco was a professional dancer and choreographer before she made it as a model. The 18-year-old Vancouver native stepped lively on the fall catwalks, and Dolce & Gabbana's ad people have already tapped on her door. (Agency: Elite)

00270m.jpg

Du Juan

Miss China 2003, Du Juan isn't your typical beauty queen. She graduated to fashion's big leagues when she appeared on the covers of Paris Vogue and the premiere issue of Vogue China. (Agency: IMG)

00130m.jpg

Flavia De Olivera

Stefano Pilati chose this tawny-haired model from Londrina, Brazil, to open his spring show. Ad campaigns for Blumarine and Cesare Paciotti, as well as a strong fall season, followed. (Agency: Ford)

00110m.jpg

Irina Lazareanu

This Romanian political refugee who grew up in Montreal was discovered at an open call. Since then she's been handpicked by Kate Moss to appear in Paris Vogue and become a Babyshambles collaborator, dressed for performances by Nicolas Ghesquière. (Agency: Marilyn

00180m.jpg

Leah De Warvin

In six months this Lille-born French beauty has progressed from a Prada and Miu Miu exclusive to runway fixture. Sonia Rykiel's spring campaign girl, Leah is fresh-faced with a strong jawline and plenty of rock 'n' roll attitude (her favorite bands include Arctic Monkeys and Cat Power). (Agency: Elite Paris)

00010m.jpg

Mariya Markina

Raf Simons wasn't the only one to make a debut at Jil Sander this season—he chose Mariya, a blond, 17-year-old Ukrainian to open his show. Paco Rabanne's Patrick Robinson followed suit, opening doors in the City of Light for this fair-haired newcomer. (Agency: Supreme)

00110m.jpg

Rachael Alexander

Steven Meisel discovered Rachel in her hometown, Los Angeles, a couple of years back. But it was her new short inky-black Louise Brooks 'do that accounted for her recently upgraded runway presence. (Agency: Supreme)

All pics from style.com

^Thanks! Guess there were no mentions of Daria and Angela's returns...but Du! Bette! Flavia! Irina! :buzz:

Whoa, almost all of those girls I think are horribly plain and unattractive. I personally find Sasha and Freja BEAUTIFUL and I hope they stay for atleast another few seasons.

I give up ...I will never figure out what is in the minds of the people who make these decisions. It is a dark day for modeling when this is the best we have to offer...no wonder celebs are taking over the campaigns and the covers of the top magazines.

So which of the girls will have a sustained stay as a top model, not just as the flavor of the season or girl-with-potential-who-never-quite-makes-it? IMO, Rachel Alexander and Coco Rocha are the two may have the most trouble sustaining their popularity. Rachel has been around for at least 4 years and after the initial interest when she first popped on the scene (was repped by Ford), she then pretty much disappeared. Her new bob got her a lot of attention this season but so did Marie Louise's (aka Micki Olin) last season. But alas, it didn't last. And Coco has a kind of flavor-of-the season appeal. Nothing really special, striking or memorable about her look. I like Flavia but Ford has had trouble keeping their the industry interested in their girls for more than two seasons in a row. And Du Juan? The industry seems to lose interest in Asian models very quickly. If Hye Park can remain one of the top girls, I don't think there's a place in the biz for another top Asian girl, sadly.

So true about Rachel Alexander. I still don't fully get Coco Rocha's appeal, seems like Meisel can turn just about any girl into a star. Leah De Wavrin reminds me of a less-attractive version of Lily Donaldson, so I'm not sure how long she is going to last. I think Mariya is stunning in some pictures and then totally blank in others.

I love Irina Lazareanu though, nothing really astonishing about her at first glance, I don't know why, but I really like her. I think she'll stick around for a while. I also really like Bette Franke, she has potential for lasting more than a couple of seasons as well, and I think she's conventionally beautiful which means she can pursue other things in modelling if high fashion gets tired of her.

Word on the F/W campaign thread is Sasha got Prada again, so I'm guessing that doesn't bode well for Maria Urashevska's near future. And hopefully the fashion industry can recognize that Du Juan looks nothing like Hye Park and there's room for more than one asian model, because I like both of them. And Behati, I don't really get sometimes, at times she looks really good though.

Mr-Dale said:
I think the Style.com top 10 will be:

Du Juan - Style anounced her hugeness last season, so now that she exploded, I am sure she will be on the list.

Tanya Dziahileva - Although she was on the list last time as well, I think she will be on it again, because of her omnipresence. Kim Noorda has been on the list three times in a row, so nothing is impossible.

Danijela Dimitrovska - She only started in Paris, but so did Hilary last season and she was on the list too then. This girl turned some heads so she is def there.

Irina Lazareanu - I don't think I have to explain why she will be on the list.

Patricia Schmid - She had a pretty good first (?) season and some good deals with big mags already (such as Vogue) so perhaps out of a business aspect she will make the list.

Coco Rocha - Another head-turner on this seasons runway. Style.com probably noticed her too.

Anna Maria Urajevskaya - They always put the Prada girls on the Style.com list, so this time it's no exception.

Tatiana Usova - A gorgeous girl who stood out for me and there is no doubt she stood out at Style.com as well.

Behati Prinsloo - Explosion alert! She is absolutely there.

Rachel Alexander - No doubt they'll make a spiffy comment on her bob in her little phrase in that top ten. Perhaps even only so that they can make that spiffy comment, she will be on this list.

I hope I got some right!

Well, I got 6 right... not too bad :P

By the way:

"Now 17, Bette was discovered three years ago shopping in Amsterdam with her mother. Exclusive to Jil Sander last season, this blue-eyed model with the unmistakable pout was seen on all the right fall runways, Chloé, Chanel, and Calvin included. (Agency: DNA)"

Is Bette Dutch? :shock:

EDIT: and I was right about the spiffy comment on Rachel's hair too :lol:

Haha, but of course... I've gotta support my fellow Dutchies :P

well.. i just don't like these new girls...
i can't see any special qualities in them....

Faith Akiyama said:
^Thanks! Guess there were no mentions of Daria and Angela's returns...but Du! Bette! Flavia! Irina! :buzz:

This was the prefex to the list:
Daria Werbowy stole the headlines with her big comeback, but there was plenty of fresh talent making news on the fall runways, from fellow Canadians Coco Rocha and Irina Lazareanu to the de rigueur Ukrainian and Brazilian lovelies. All that and an American beauty, Rachel Alexander, to boot.

Getting *a bit* ahead of myself, but I'm so anxious for s/s 07 to arrive! I thought the casting this season was interesting and there have been some campaign surprises as well, so I'm very curious to see what next season will bring. There are so many new girls popping up all the time (is it just my imagination or does the number of newbies increase by the season?) and I can't wait to see how they hold up. And what newish girls do you think will make it BIG?

I guess for the new girls it's crucial to get a good campaign reception? And do you think Freja will continue to reign the runway despite her mystery campaign absence?

I'm so excited already! It's sad, really. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->