Model Casting F/W 09.10

youarearockstar

utterly superfluous
Reaction score
As per Mr.Dale's thread from last season:

As every season, this thread is for discussing what you notice in the castings of this season's shows. Any trends in girls perhaps, questions about who cast what or what cast you thought was incredibly amazing or simply bad. What is different in the casts of S/S 09 compared to those of F/W 08.09? Is there really more diversity in color, faces, types of girls? Fire away!

Again, this is a thread meant to discuss the different castings for each show. To comment on ones you like, ones you didn't like and perhaps the significance of those castings on a girl's career, upcoming shows, or editorials.

Just to get this discussion rolling:

Today's BCBG show (that just wrapped moments ago) was cast by Russell Marsh. It's the first time Russell has done this show, and should be fairly indicative of the girls that he's feeling at the moment (in the same vain as Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti). My understanding is that the girls used for the shows will be primarily new faces. Should be very interesting. :shifty:

Yay! Its that time of year again. Can't wait for the big shows, the big casting surprises etc..

Just to get this discussion rolling:

Today's BCBG show (that just wrapped moments ago) was cast by Russell Marsh. It's the first time Russell has done this show, and should be fairly indicative of the girls that he's feeling at the moment (in the same vain as Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti). My understanding is that the girls used for the shows will be primarily new faces. Should be very interesting. :shifty:

Does he still cast for Generra as well?

^This season, in New York anyway, I believe he's just doing:

BCBG
Herve Leger
Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti
Jonathan Saunders

He did Christopher Kane, Jaeger London, Philosophy, Armand Basi, Prada/Miu Miu and Dries Van Noten (those are the only ones i'm know about). Not sure whether he did Jonathan Saunders too last season. He usually uses the few girls he likes in most shows...like Cato for instance. Last season, she showed up at all the shows he cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thread!!
Thanks for starting it:flower:

He did Christopher Kane, Jaeger London, Philosophy, Armand Basi, Prada/Miu Miu and Dries Van Noten (those are the only ones i'm know about). Not sure whether he did Jonathan Saunders too last season. He usually uses the few girls he likes in most shows...like Cato for instance. Last season, she showed up at all the shows he cast.

Marni too, no?

^My understanding is that he does not actually cast Marni, so much as he tells Lucinda Chambers who to take for the show (hence why you'll see a Prada debut-exclusive pop up at Marni and no where else). I could be wrong about that, but that's the impression I've always gotten from it.

Who did the casting at Costello Tagliapietra? Almost all of the Supreme girls where in the show I think..

I think all the girls at that show were signed with Supreme/Women except Morwenna but she probably signed with Women/Supreme along with a lot of 1MM girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea's on the CK exclusives this season?. I'm guessing they'll go for either Nimue Smit or Ymre, they tend to sign up the girls that had a Prada/Miu Miu exclusive the previous season for their Fall shows.

And what's happening with Viktoriya Sasonkina?. i haven't seen her anywhere thus far.

How many girls are usually exclusives at CK? (Or at any other show)?
I'm curious to know :wink:

Three is the magic number where CK is concerned as of late...

S/S 09: Anna Selezneva, Charlotte Hoyer, Sophie Srej
F/W 08.09: Ali Stephens, Diana Farkhullina, Toni Garrn
S/S 08: Karlie Kloss, Taryn Davidson, Toni Garrn
F/W 07.08: Angelika Kocheva, Irina Kulikova, Edythe Hughes, Vivanne Orth

My guess is that Madisyn Ritland stands a chance based on the power of Silent, and that Ymre Stiekema is also a solid shot. But last time I checked, only one girl has been confirmed for exclusive. :flower:

Thank you so much youarearockstar :woot::flower:
That's very interesting, I'm excited to see who will be the lucky ones this season :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->