Model Casting F/W 10.11

I wonder who did the Altuzarra casting because I thought it was pretty good.

Wow thanks for all the info guys! I combined all your input into an overview and I edited it into the first post. Thanks again!

I wonder who did the Altuzarra casting because I thought it was pretty good.

I agree, excellent cast. Nice choices for the finale dresses as well: Constance, Magdalena and Natasha.

Who casts for Versace? Donatella or just some of her assistants or something?

Don't know about Versace but a lot of the houses in Europe have "in-house" castings :flower:

that the fashion houses themselves cast the shows without the aid of casting directors i guess.

Michelle Lee does Versace as well, at least according to the blog of LOVE

LOVE asked Michelle Lee, top Casting Director for Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Giles, Versace and Interview Magazine for her top ten girls of the month

posted on the love blog on december 23rd 2009, so pretty recent

Last edited by a moderator:
wasn't a fan AT ALL of the casting last season so hopefully no repeat will occur... and I don't mean that as an offense, I'm a fan of her casting everywhere else, but I didn't feel the casting last season represented the brand at all..

^ I know, that's why I said I think it was only last season because Versace casting is usually more or less predictable and last season definitely not. :shock: I'm a fan of hers too but that cast was a mess.

Agreed agreed agreed...it was too young and quirky. Versace needs women in her shows. Seeing Ranya (don't get me wrong, I really like her) on the Versace runway was very awkward for instance.

i hope Milan/Paris casting is nothing like NY. the newbies are running rampant right now.

wasn't a fan AT ALL of the casting last season so hopefully no repeat will occur... and I don't mean that as an offense, I'm a fan of her casting everywhere else, but I didn't feel the casting last season represented the brand at all..

She was probably following the brief given to her by Donatella & her team. The clothes were youthful and they needed the cast to reflect that aswell.

Does anyone have any more info behind the trend I'm noticing of having models only wear one look on the runway per show? Looking through older shows (like early 2000s), it was pretty common for a model to have 3-4 looks per show. These days, it seems every girl gets one look (eg: Alexander Wang and Carolina Herrera this season). What's going on there? Is it cheaper? More efficient? Convenient? Something else?

I guess it's more convenient and gives maybe an expensive touch to the show like "oh look guys we can afford 40 models for 40 outfits"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->