Model Casting F/W 11.12

^Then if they can afford her rate and if she is available and wants to, then she'll walk twenty shows.

Re: Kristina R. My opinion on the matter is that it isn't her age that is stopping her (as mentioned above, other young models had successful seasons), rather, her features are not distinct or memorable enough to warrant the A-list exposure. I simply can't recall her face even though I subscribed to her thread for a while. Daphne, Jac: they are memorbale but they also have a-list print work warranting their runway exposure. Sadly, I think Kristina may simply be b-list filler for the runways for a few years before fading away.
IMO, and I am not being a hater, none of the girls in her age range have distinct features other than Daphne, and I don't know what is so great about having a distinct look if half the time your natural features are obscured by the bug-eyed look of terror on your face. Nevertheless, you may be right about Kristina's fate but I'm going to give it one more season, if only because I am not sure if there is some monkey business going on with her age. Although as I stated earlier, I am ambivalent about the whole thing and am totally fine with her showlist in isolation, it just strikes me as odd vis a vis other models in her age group. Also it should be noted that she is doing well when it comes to money-making print jobs, including campaigns for Anna Sui and Marc Jacobs and IIRC, lookbooks or somesuch for Ralph Lauren and DKNY, so overall as a model she is doing quite well.

^ I've heard a few things about the age issue too, mainly that she is much younger than the official statement, which I find kind of disturbing given that her thread has got a fair few topless pictures.

She may be doing quite well with her career but you have to have the thing that the casting directors are looking for to walk the a list shows.

Anyone find it odd that Kate closed, but Naomi was just randomly placed in the lineup? You don't even see her in the finale. with high profiles like those two, one would've opened and one would've closed.

She may be doing quite well with her career but you have to have the thing that the casting directors are looking for to walk the a list shows.
Hmmm, but quite a few runway It girls became so because they were print It girls like Daphne and Arizona. I am not disagreeing with you because you are bringing up an intriguing point and I am now trying to come up with the names of models who became top models in recent times and whose runway work is what initially put them on the map. I know that there are others, but Constance Jablonski is the name that comes to mind.

I've heard a few things about the age issue too, mainly that she is much younger than the official statement, which I find kind of disturbing given that her thread has got a fair few topless pictures.
I'm right there with you!

ETA:
Anyone find it odd that Kate closed, but Naomi was just randomly placed in the lineup? You don't even see her in the finale. with high profiles like those two, one would've opened and one would've closed.
Perhaps she got to choose her outfit. Also, Naomi has been in their campaigns, so that may be the prize that she has her eye on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah i thought that was weird, Naomi should have opened if Kate was gonna close the show..

this season made me truly miss the girls from the last few seasons

I loved the pack of newcomers that SS11 gave us and what happened to all of them?

Keke only walked Herve Leger & Dior
Anastasia, Lyndsey S & Bregje disappeared
Mirte and Patricia are still doing well, but nothign compared to how they started
Shu Pei got Maybelline, but seems like Fei Fei took over for all the Asians

Jacquelyn and Frida are the only ones that are still doing well, but even then it felt like both were just complete runway fillers. Their campaigns and editorial work seem to say the same thing

Yeah I didn't even notice Frida this season. Jac and Daphne are the chosen ones it seems, but even Jac's campaign and editorial work is declining. The turn over rate with these models is simply too high. Also I'm not willing to believe Kristina is younger than 15/16, she does have baby-ish features but come on she can't be LIKE 12-14 RIGHT?

Also OMG I didn't even notice Bregje was missing, is it the same with Sophie Srej?

The biggest shock of the season was definitely Kat Hessen, if you ask me. She was everywhere in SS11 (Alexander Wang, MJ, Missoni, Prada, Nina Ricci, Miu Miu) and only walked 2 little shows in NY and 1 show in London I think.
Also the S/S11 exclusives of Calvin Klein did terribly. Jessica Clarke, Therese Alexanderson, and the girl from Belgium have not booked major shows. Not to mention Hanna S who didn't book one good show.

ETA: And what ever happened to Melodie Monrose & the one super long-legged girl at Muse NY (Shena/Shauna?) who did so well in Paris last season.

Someone posted in Anastasia Kuznetsova's thread that she may be having passport/visa issues. Even though I understand this matter in broad terms, can someone elaborate more. You can speak in generalities and not specifically about Anastasia, TIA.

I don't follow her thread so I don't know, but what exactly is happening with Kirsi's career?

oh I always think those recaps are very interesting. There are a lot of girls fading away every season unfortunately.
One girl I can add is Basia Skaluba. She really slowed down. Last season she walked for big names like Proenza Schouler, Jil Sander and Haider Ackermann and this time? Almost nowhere, I can only think of small New Yorker B-Shows.
Well, I think it's quite hilarious considering the fact 6 months ago people were predicting she's going to be bigger than Jac :innocent:

^Well, I'm sure she would have stayed one or two seasons longer if her agents gave her more time to develop. Sending a totally unexperienced girl to numerous high profile clients around the globe is not a very "sustainable" strategy as we all know. Probably a problem of many East European motheragencies who need to learn to become more patient. :innocent:

I don't follow her thread so I don't know, but what exactly is happening with Kirsi's career?

I think that her editorial buzz has slowed down a lot since last year when she did the VI cover, Balenciaga, Vogue US with Meisel and W with M&M but she still seems to cover a wide spectrum of good shows from Rodarte to LV.

I was really underwhelmed by the casting this season for several reasons. There was little to no racial diversity in most of the top tier shows, even NY was really bad like why do casting directors keep on using the same two black girls and the same two Asian girls for each show...it gets really boring. I don't think there are any real new 'stars' who have broken out, I mean there are amazing girls like Anais Mali and then on a more successful level Aymeline Valade, but they both did select shows last season and blew up with big print jobs so I wouldn't really classify them in that group. Juju, Emily Baker, Dempsey Stewart....? I can't even put names to faces ATM. These girls will be lucky to get one ad and a couple of blue-chips eds this season before they disappear completely in one year...

I was particularly disappointed to not see Shena Moulton anywhere (maybe school?) and barely any Jeneil after booking all of Michelle Lee's shows last season she only did Giles this time around.

This season has proved more than ever how fickle this business is.
I really wonder where girls like Emily Baker, Juju, Codie, Anais, Dempsey, who have really exploded this time around, will be next season. Judging by the girls who were everywhere last season and then did almost nothing this season (Kat Hessen), the aforementioned girls might as well book a seat in their living rooms watching the shows on TV.
It's just a harsh reality nowadays that most girls careers are lasting about 2 seasons.....if that. I cannot imagine how they must feel being told they are 'the next big thing, so beautiful' etc., to turn up next season for castings and not get booked.

this season made me truly miss the girls from the last few seasons

I loved the pack of newcomers that SS11 gave us and what happened to all of them?

Keke only walked Herve Leger & Dior
Anastasia, Lyndsey S & Bregje disappeared
Mirte and Patricia are still doing well, but nothign compared to how they started
Shu Pei got Maybelline, but seems like Fei Fei took over for all the Asians

Jacquelyn and Frida are the only ones that are still doing well, but even then it felt like both were just complete runway fillers. Their campaigns and editorial work seem to say the same thing

Well. I don't know if you follow Mirte and Patricia, but Patricia has been sick and there for designers thought she lost her sparkle (info Nills).. Also Mirte compared to last season did quite the same shows, some not but some big instead..

What happened to Bregje I don't know, last season i didn't see her also barely.:ninja:
Also Lisanne de Jong did have a difficult season. :rolleyes:
My biggest bummer was that Ymre again didn't show up at any show. Start to give up on her :doh::doh::doh:

The others I have noting to say about, I only follow Dutch girls ^_^

I have to agree so many of the S/S New Girls have slowed down especially in Paris :cry:

It could be because with all the new models every season designers can't help but say the next big thing and then be over in the next 2 season -_-
Jac, and Daphne must really have something designers still want
although Jac is starting to slow down now.

I'm interested what will happen this season about the buzz with Arizona
Karmen a big winner these season.
Sigrid, Daria S. I enjoyed them this season and
I never noticed Daria S. that much before, she seemed to explode this season too

^Daria's been doing REALLY well for 2-3 seasons now. I don't know what it is about her. I always thought she was just a filler, going to fizz soon, etc, but then last season (I think it was) I was shocked at how well she was doing walking everything big in sight. I still don't get her appeal, she seems so bland, and I can't remember the last big print/ad work she did (not counting that Prada ad), but casting people seem to love her.

^
she did Jil Sander Campaign right ?

and Miesel still photographs her, yeah I only pictured her in Prada and that's it but she has proven me wrong, she still gets Campaigns and Walks almost all the Blue Chip shows especially this season, just started to notice her because her face was almost everywhere , lol

Daria had 3 campaigns in SS11. One beauty ad by Meisel, Juicy Couture by Meisel and Jil Sander by Willy Vanderperre.

Ilvie Wittek, Katie Forgarty, Alina Balikova and Toni Garrn did quite bad as well i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->