Model Casting F/W 14.15

It would be really funny if all the models dyed their hair platinum blonde in Paris to troll the casting directors. :lol:

It would be really funny if all the models dyed their hair platinum blonde in Paris to troll the casting directors. :lol:

Lol that would hilarious.

Wow Natalie Westling's hair is red. Literally red :shock:

Badgley Mischka - Julia Lange
Cushnie et Ochs - Piergiorgio del Moro
Helmut Lang - AM Casting
Jeremy Scott - Piergiorgio del Moro
Kenneth Cole - Andrew Weir
Marc by Marc Jacobs - Jess Hallett
Marc Jacobs - Anita Bitton
Monique Lhuillier - Jessica Weinstein
Narciso Rodriguez - Ashley Brokaw
Nicole Miller - AM Casting
Ohne Titel - Jennifer Starr
Peter Som - Noah Shelley
Ralph Lauren - Jennifer Starr
Reed Krakoff - Jennifer Venditti
Reem Acra - Maida & Rami
Rodarte - Jennifer Venditti
Sophie Theallet - Julia Lange
Thakoon - Noah Shelley
The Row - Maida & Rami
Tory Burch - Jennifer Venditti

The Row is actually casted by Maxime Valentini (who assistes Maida & Rami for Dior).

I probably sound like a broken record but what is it with these goddamn platinum blondes opening all these shows? It's like ten in a row at Vera Wang.

Just saw the show and my jaw dropped when they went out one after the other.LOL I think they're doing it to spite us.

It looks ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous hair... Sam's.

It looks ...wrong.

Vera-Wang-RTW-FW14-New-York-5783-1392118539-zoom.jpg

And yeah, Sam's hair is just pitiful. They really messed it up

I am growing rather fond of Sophie Touchet and Nika Cole. :wink::heart: We need more redheads! Though i do agree that Natalie Westling is a bit too red for my taste.

At this point Europe is totally going to turn the platinum blonde trend on its head...the darker shades will probably rule again :smile: It is fall/winter after all!

^ I can only hope so! I want to see my raven haired girls doing well. The thing I dislike the most about the platinum blonde trend is that it alienates basically all black models, and it just strengthens the tokenism trend we already see so much of on the runways.

^I hope so! I'm getting tired of all these platinum blondes. I only like Ola.

The thing I dislike the most about the platinum blonde trend is that it alienates basically all black models, and it just strengthens the tokenism trend we already see so much of on the runways.

Don't you mean basically all models of colour? I don't see it going well for Soo Joo or Charlotte Carey.

Don't shoot me, but I kinda dig the trend to start off your show with all platinum blonde. :ninja::innocent:

Sure it'll get get old real fast, but I think it's really cool for now.

Don't you mean basically all models of colour? I don't see it going well for Soo Joo or Charlotte Carey.

Charlotte actually seems to be doing quite well for herself, especially when it comes to shows with cooler more directional castings. Much better than I ever expected her to be doing. And Soo Joo has opened I think three shows so far and closed Ohne Titel, nothing too major but I think they are having it much easier than any black models would. Especially because there are so many new black girls in New York this season and the competition is really fierce. I agree it just makes it hard for models without platinum blonde hair in general. It's just the fact that I have never seen a black model go platinum (except Ajak a few seasons back) and I doubt it would become a trend anytime soon.

At this point Europe is totally going to turn the platinum blonde trend on its head...the darker shades will probably rule again :smile: It is fall/winter after all!

I think it will happen too because NY basically hops on whatever trend Europe set on the previous season while they go ahead and set a new one.

Charlotte actually seems to be doing quite well for herself, especially when it comes to shows with cooler more directional castings. Much better than I ever expected her to be doing. And Soo Joo has opened I think three shows so far and closed Ohne Titel, nothing too major but I think they are having it much easier than any black models would. Especially because there are so many new black girls in New York this season and the competition is really fierce. I agree it just makes it hard for models without platinum blonde hair in general. It's just the fact that I have never seen a black model go platinum (except Ajak a few seasons back) and I doubt it would become a trend anytime soon.

It's c / d list shows and DKNY was an even bigger joke for their casting stunts. And I don't see it stopping the likes of Ophelie, Katlin, Sabrina, Pamela etc. so I think the most hyped on girls regardless of their hair colour are doing fine. But yes, I do agree about it being a disadvantage for black models.

What's up with Nastya opening/closing everything? O.o i dont get these directors anymore lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->