Model Casting F/W 2018.19

Let's all share our best/worst casts:
BEST: Max Mara (Doutzen, Hannah Ferguson, all top girls)
GOOD: Etro (always consistent with top girls), Colovos (many top girls from 2012), Moschino
WORST: Balmain (all over the place and messy with random models showing up)
BAD: Louis Vuitton (boring), Versace (underwhelming), Prada (kinda expecting more than just Amanda Murphy and regular Prada muses)

nice that there was a curvy girl at Alexander McQueen (second season in a row) and a new girl cast at Miu Miu

Took me a while to figure out who was the “curvy girl” at Alexander McQueen.

I am all about the body positivity all the same. :D

In conclusion this is my 7th year (14 seasons) in a row i have worked 80 % of the biggest shows in fashion month..Underwhelmed by this season i must say...It's a shame the class of 2015 (Yasmin,Vitto,Faretta,Luna,
Camille,He Cong,Roos Abels,Selena ,Tami Williams,Wangy etc )is coming to the end as far as the runway goes 20 shows a season max from this gang now...I feel like this the start of the next cycle (Cara T,Adut ,Fran,Alyssa Traoré, Felice Nova,Gisele Fox,Sara Grace ,Imari,Naomi Chin ,
Blesnya, Kaia ,Loane Normand ,
Meghan Roche, Hannah Sprehe etc..) ...Fashion has changed so much..Model self life on the runway is getting shorter an shorter by the season ..Walking is becoming a lost art....i'm excited to see what the future brings..I suspect i will be underwhelmed....regardless i love this game ..:smile:

Anyone else think that Hannah and Matea bear a resemblance?

No Irina Djuranovic at Valentino,no Mica at Chanel and no Alexandra at Louis Vuitton.Not sure if i was expecting that.

Mica was a YSL exclusive. Surprised about Alexandra though.

Signe's walk should be better. Janaye would have been a better closer.

I like Sara Grace and Kris a lot, but they were a miscast at LV to me. I hope Alexandra has a better season later this year.

I'm so proud of Adut! She has been a standout since her debut at SL, may her reign continue. American Vogue cover please

As the person working the shows above said, walking is a dying art. Models aren't holding the same clout as the use to. I hate that we can only love a girl for a couple of years before she starts to fade. :-(

This seasons casting was pretty boring to me for the most part. There are very few new faces that actually interest me and girls that should be at the top shows don't seem to be getting booked for them.

I dont undertand Girls like Faretta and Alex Micu with such striking face and presence are not rulling most shows. Especially Faretta after and amazing campaing season almost not booking many shows. Specialy Chanel.
Graet for Mica only booking city exclusives at Top Shows

I could not believe Katie Grand didn't cast Christy P. for Miu Miu.

I can't with Faretta honestly...her career is developing so unexpectedly! She opened the CHANEL couture back in July and even walked the Hamburg Metier D'arts then she disappeared for the RTW in March. One season she gets tons of campaigns and the next one she gets nothing or random stuff, same with runway shows. I assume that she's not taking modelling seriously and just walks shows only if she's in the right mood. I know people pointed out she might have a bad attitude but it doesn't look like to me, at least judging from her instagram posts.

I can't with Faretta honestly...her career is developing so unexpectedly! She opened the CHANEL couture back in July and even walked the Hamburg Metier D'arts then she disappeared for the RTW in March. One season she gets tons of campaigns and the next one she gets nothing or random stuff, same with runway shows. I assume that she's not taking modelling seriously and just walks shows only if she's in the right mood. I know people pointed out she might have a bad attitude but it doesn't look like to me, at least judging from her instagram posts.

Completely agree with this, I was so surprised not to see her in a majority of the main shows. She usually has a huge backing from PGDM but was strange not to see her in many of the shows he casted, also the tattoo she got looked awful in her runway pictures

Barbara Palvin @ Chanel Cruise.. never would've thought she'd make a runway comeback.

Adut opening Chanel, first time a black model opens it? major moment right there. Prada resort tonight in NY, can't wait.

Adut opening Chanel, first time a black model opens it? major moment right there. Prada resort tonight in NY, can't wait.

I think so, I can't remember the last time a black model has opened Chanel:flower:
I admire her so much, so I'm glad she's getting recognition!

Curious to see the new faces who will appear at Prada tonight. Hopefully there's a repeat of Anok opening the show, or even closing.

Fran, Alyssa T., Imari, Kris, Lea J. were at Prada fittings yesterday.
Liu Wen is in New York too and missed the Chanel show, so maybe she'll be there too.

Julia Nobis just opened the Prada show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"